Senior Organizational Development Specialist
This is an exciting time for Wawanesa Insurance- we are growing and transforming our business. Effective Senior Organizational Specialists with proven experience in Succession Planning, Employee Engagement and Organizational Design, will be critical to our success!
If you have strong facilitation, and collaboration skills and thrive in fast pace work environments then this opportunity will be right for you. We will be building out our Organizational Development team and need strong contributors to lead the way!
Location: This opportunity is open to our branch locations across Canada
Application Deadline: We will be continuing to evolve this team over the coming months and welcome your future application! We will contact you within two weeks of your application date if we are considering you for our interviewing stage
Working under minimal supervision this role supports Wawanesa's success by implementing innovative organizational development (OD) solutions that support people goals aligned to our business strategy. Working with the OD management team and business leaders, this role will lead the design, development, coordination and implementation of OD programs and initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness, including employee engagement, succession management, organization design, team performance and effectiveness.
- Create and sustain OD programs and initiatives that build individual and organizational capacity to meet our business strategies and people goals
- Serve as the lead and key point of contact for the Employee Engagement Survey, including managing oversight of survey activities, reporting and determine how we should focus our post-survey efforts (annually)
- Lead and implement employee engagement strategies and best practices that support improvements by collaborating with multi-functional groups and regions on initiatives (diagnoses and action planning)
- Measure and calibrate progress on engagement activities and initiatives to be ensure we are recognized as a Best Employer amongst our peers (monitoring results, pulse surveys, focus groups, benchmarking, etc.)
- Lead initiatives that enhance and continually improve our succession management program to ensure a strong leadership pipeline for the organization, alignment with our learning and development and talent management programs and processes, and effective use of HRMS technology to support outcomes
- Build a consistent organization design methodology and approach to effectively align resources and accountabilities (talent deployment)
- Coach and support business leaders by providing OD solutions that improve team effectiveness and outcomes, and create a high performance culture (eg. diagnose potential organizational problem areas, recommend training and development systems, create definitions of desired individual or group performance, etc.)
- Act as a subject matter expert by conducting external best practice research, making recommendations that align with the specific nuances of our business
- Engage and partner with leaders, and liaise with employees, to identify needs and OD strategies that achieve improvements to individual, group and business results
- Analyzes qualitative and quantitative data to identify and determine appropriate OD initiatives for executive office and regional teams
- Create effective strategies, tools and guides to assist leaders and employees with understanding and implementation of OD programs and processes
- Collaborate with other members of the OD, HR Services, Talent Management, and Corporate Communications teams to implement and support OD initiatives
- Assess the effectiveness of OD initiatives, report on metrics and ROI, make recommendations and implement continuous improvements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Five or more years' experience preferred in relevant roles or equivalent experience (e.g. design and delivery of organization development processes and programs, employee engagement survey processes, succession management programs and processes, organization design processes). Other HR generalist experience preferred.
- Post-secondary degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organization Development or closely related discipline. A combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent may be considered
- Experience with implementing new OD initiatives, program or processes to drive business results or change and transition initiatives
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and consultation with a variety of individuals / groups from senior executives to front line employees on range of simple to complex topics
- Proven ability to coach and mentor to facilitate effective change and improvements
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills adaptable to a variety of audiences, understanding and anticipating business needs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills by managing the details of complex problems and delivering the results required
- Advanced customer service orientation with the ability to present ideas, plans and solutions and deliver approaches in a business-friendly context
- Able to work independently and in collaboration to achieve goals
- High energy level and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio) required
- Experience with survey tools and MS Office 365 preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional designation or insurance industry experience is considered an asset
- Certifications / designations in Organizational Change Management, Process Improvement, Lean would be an asset
- Ability and willingness to travel
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today's challenging markets.
Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Winnipeg based opportunity!