Under the direction of the Hub Supervisor, this position is accountable for meeting and exceeding quality standards in a Hub production centre. The incumbent will manage jobs from order entry through to completion according to customer specifications. Will be required to independently execute orders of varying degrees of complexity. Accountable for maintaining production area and equipment. Processes customer orders efficiently and accurately to maximize profitability and maintains internal customer satisfaction by providing high quality service.
- Set up and produce single or multiple copies of printed or other machine-acceptable original material, using photocopy equipment with reduction, enlargement, collating and binding capabilities.
- Scan or RIP from various media and convert into digital formats when required.
- Execute all finishing services as required.
- Proof jobs and evaluate output and make necessary changes to ensure job integrity before, during, and after each production run of a job.
- Maintain colour quality control standards.
- Colour copiers calibrated during each shift.
- Read order instructions and understand steps required in the production workflow.
- Respond appropriately to fault, error and alert messages and escalate to supervisor.
- Record meter reads in Compass.
- Provide a high level of customer service to store associates relating to order status, product and service inquiries and error recovery.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure all orders are completed efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible to deliver assigned jobs on time with a high level a accuracy.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Understands, proactively models and adheres to all privacy policies.
- Understands and adheres to Staples' document handling and copyright policies.
- Execute administrative requirements such as billing and quality control checklists.
- Conducts daily inventory supply counts as requested.
- Check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Responsible for the safe and proper use of all store equipment and are required to inform management of any maintenance issues regarding the equipment.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Strong technical proficiency with computers and Microsoft software applications would be an asset.
- Demonstrated technical capability and knowledge working with print and finishing equipment.
- Ability to resolve clients concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to engage clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Capacity to communicate with clients effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Ability to alternate between multi tasking and repetitive tasks with ease.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- 1-2 Years in print production environment.
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
- This position will be based in a production centre environment and will require extended periods of standing.
- You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the operation of production equipment.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Please click here to Apply On-Line.