As a member of the Child Care & Early Learning Centre team is responsible for assisting in providing exemplary care and educational programs for young children. Must be committed to the philosophy of the Centre and its mandate to offer service in accordance with Ontario Legislation and requirements of the Ministry of Education.
- Co-operatively assists in planning and implementing the daily program with the E.C.E. under the direction of the Co-ordinator.
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centres, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- General supervision of the playroom.
- Help with the general housekeeping tasks.
- Assist the teacher in any other appropriate ways.
- Treat all children with dignity and respect.
- Attend all staff and parent meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Currently enrolled in Early Childhood Educator program or previous experience in a day care setting preferred.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR (C) certificate.
- Must have a warm and friendly personality; be sensitive to the feelings and needs of others.
- Ability to relate well to children, and be willing to fulfil responsibilities in accordance with the centre's educational philosophy.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.