Join our start up: you will be part of an adventure, your work will make a difference and you will succeed with the company.
Sensopia is looking for a talented deep learning / computer vision scientist to expand its research team. Your main objective will be to invent and implement the future of our application: MagicPlan.
MagicPlan allows you to create floor plans within minutes. With more than 13 million downloads, it has recently been featured by Apple as one of the best ARKit-powered app. Millions of floor plans have been created with MagicPlan making it the largest database in the world. It is based on cutting edge technologies such as Reality Capture, Augmented Reality, Sensor Fusion and Image Processing. It is at the cornerstone of many businesses including home improvement, real estate, insurance claims, home inspections, interior design, energy performance and crime scene investigation.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Hourly/yearly wage: To be discussed
Location: Montréal / Münich
What it means to work for Sensopia:
- Working on an application that has been featured by Apple since 2012 and most recently for the launch of IOS 11 and ARKit,
- Working on challenging and innovative projects such as 3D semantic segmentation, depth prediction, 3D reconstruction, …
- Working with experimented colleagues in a dedicated Research team,
- Enjoying a true startup mentality in a financially established company,
- Having a real and direct influence on the evolution of an application that is used by millions of people around the world.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
You will be part of our Research team and will work on major evolutions of MagicPlan:
- Bibliography study / State of the art,
- Feasibility / Prototyping,
- Training / intensive computation in cloud environment,
- Test / Performance environment.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- PhD or Master with experience,
- Experience and interest in deep learning for computer vision,
- Hands on experience with Python and C++,
- Hands on experience with OpenCV and at least one Deep Learning tool (Tensorflow, Theano, Caffe, PyTorch, …)
- Being comfortable working on MacOS X and Unix.
- Experience with mobile development for Android and/or IOS,
- Experience in one of these topics :
- Convolutional Neural Networks,
- Depth prediction from RGB,
- Semantic segmentation / object localization,
- 3D reconstruction,
- Novel view synthesis,
- ARKit / ARCore / Tango,
- Generation and/or usage of synthetic data for Deep Learning,
- Image quality assessment,
- Deep Learning architectures on embedded devices.