Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will be part of the Reconciliation Support Team whose responsibility will be to manage all aspects for currently supported reconciliations commencing with ensuring all counterparty account requirements are addressed, sourcing data, inclusive of rec and statements, and addressing daily production support issues.
The Reconciliation Analyst will be responsible for requesting and following up on all data requests between parties, and insuring that all needed information is obtained on a timely basis. He or she will be responsible to self-manage their workload, meet and report on deadlines to managers, and provide feedback to other departments on availability for the purpose of managing internal and external expectations around the world.
As new reconciliations are made available, this team will manage roll out to all existing and new clients. This position will entail supporting all reconciliation systems. With this position the focus is on building data interfaces with external counterparties, consisting of clients, banks, brokerage firms, and vendors.
The Analyst will be exposed to both technical and business concepts to achieve the goals of Data Mapping. The group transforms files containing financial transactions, positions, and reference data into a standardized form housed in the Normalized Data Container (NDC). The group uses a suite of applications built at CFS, employing SQL knowledge and financial product knowledge in order to perform data transformation. The ideal candidate would have SQL knowledge and business knowledge however a candidate with only one of these can be trained in the other over time.
The Analyst will become expert in using the CFS applications front-to-back in the testing and UAT environments, and will be responsible for executing a thorough test plan.
The position will require the ability to effectively building and maintain strong working relationships between CFS and Prime Brokers, Counterparties, and Banks.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Core duties include mapping externally provided files into the Normalized Data Container (NDC).
- Analyze files and validate that all product/ asset class specific data is being provided.
- Interpret business logic to define and translate data mappings; QA test and validate output using a suite of mapping tools and downstream target applications. Collectively, the Reconciliation Support team is responsible for ensuring that data/file / statements delivery is established and is flowing as expected when new interfaces are implemented or new clients go live.
- Based on requests from Internal Operations and Integration Staff, manage onboarding onto the reconciliation tools.
- Work collaboratively with the Data Management team to effectively hand off data files and statements that require monitoring for all reconciliation tools. This should include transferring knowledge of all auxiliary processes that require monitoring to ensure data successfully interfaces to the reconciliation tools e.g. replication.
- Escalation point for all reconciliation issues where data content discrepancies are encountered. Assist when external interaction is necessary.
- Liaise when dealing with Internal Operations and Integration Staff in automation of data feeds for clients.
- Take a proactive approach to solving issues, display initiative and good example by contributing ideas for increased efficiencies and/or automation of the various support procedures
- Liaise with counterparties where data (on files or statements) delivered is not accurate or incomplete. Where necessary undertaking small mapping tweaks to address reconciliation data issues.
- Proactively work with counterparties to obtain new files / statements according to new Industry standard and/or internal requirements.
- Involved in testing development items for reconciliation tools after IT signoff for production release.
- Participate in POCs to evaluate improvements to reconciliation tools as needed
- Degree qualified in an IT/Business related discipline
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, economics, computer science, or relevant field;
- Business Analyst experience is desired.
- Ideal candidate has a good understanding of financial products and strategies that a hedge fund might use.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills. Candidates are required to research problems reported by operations teams to determine if an actual problem exists or if additional training is required. When actual problem exists, they need to recommend a workaround until an actual fix to the problem is implemented.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to users in terms that can be easily understood.
- Experience working with data files is a must.
- General knowledge of databases or experience using SQL Server (T-SQL) and/or Oracle is a must.
- Hedge fund operations experience, preferably with cash reconciliation;
- Financial product knowledge, Domestic, Global and OTC security markets, Fixed Income and derivative product knowledge.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.