SureWerx is a national supplier of tool, equipment and safety product lines for the Canadian market. Our products include: abrasives, air tools, hand tools, material handling, lifting equipment and safety apparel and products. We are a privately held, proudly Canadian company recognized as a leader in the wholesale distribution of tools, equipment and safety industry. Our head office is located in Coquitlam, B.C with six branch offices strategically located in the major cities across Canada. SureWerx is looking for an Purchasing Assistant within our Coquitlam location. The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for supporting in all aspects of purchase order processing, including all administrative functions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic, motivated, fun, and passionate individual to join our team as an Purchasing Assistant.
- Process all purchase orders in a timely fashion and follow up on a weekly basis to ensure there are no outstanding purchase orders;
- Ensure accuracy of all purchase orders and related documents;
- Follow up with manufacturers on all questions related to purchase orders;
- Monitor sales and margin performance, and interpret variances against budget and forecast;
- Monitor stock levels, work closely with the Sales team to determine if there are issues with specific items, and initiate recommendations for re-orders;
- Handle all receiving discrepancies with the Warehouse team and manufacturers to ensure missing or damaged product is replaced;
- Provide back up to team members which includes: setting up new vendors and products on our ERP system (and gathering all pertinent information required by the system), checking shipping and billing documentation for accuracy and completeness and enter all product information for related division; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Competencies:
- Detailed oriented and logical individual with the ability to make objective and data driven business decisions in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong listening ability;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
- Customer service oriented with a sense of priority and purpose;
- Strong numerical aptitude and the ability to isolate critical details while assimilating new information;
- Superb accountability, concentration and punctuality is essential;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and share this knowledge with others;
- Strong knowledge of PC based applications;
- Must have at least an intermediate ability level with MS Word and Excel;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative role;
- Must be fluent in English; spoken and written with the ability to think in English;
- Preference will be given to applicants with a university degree, higher education diploma or prior supply chain experience.