We are currently searching for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to work the 11 am – 7 pm shift within the Finance Division. This is a full time permanent position and is based at our Corporate Office in Mississauga, reporting directly to the Manager of Treasury, Tax & Pensions.
Why join The Beer Store?
We have a flexible and accommodating workplace, promoting work life balance. We are socially and environmentally responsible and have been green before green was cool! There are many opportunities for professional growth and development within our organization. You’ll enjoy a competitive salary and a genuine, friendly corporate culture. Apply now and find out more about our team!
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and the call centre on a daily basis, promptly responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, releasing credit holds, reconciling accounts with overdue balances, resolving customer disputes and handling the collections procedure. This position is also responsible for setting up licenses, generating cheque runs and various AR reports as and when required. This position will also serve as a backup to the weekend staff and other team members.
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Collecting outstanding balances from customers.
- Answering and responding to telephone calls and electronic enquiries.
- Reconciling customer discrepancies, long outstanding balances and providing backups to customers.
- Liaising with distribution centers and call center to resolve customer disputes.
- Ensuring month-end procedures are followed and deadlines met.
- Generating weekly cheque runs.
- Processing government regulated files on a daily basis and owning the full maintenance of the process including customer set-up.
- Preparing account statements for customers and government agencies.
- Assisting business partners in investigating customer questions/issues related to AR in a timely and professional manner.
- Developing and maintaining filing systems.
- Maintaining positive customer relationships.
- Proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve AR processes to maintain high standards of efficiencies.
- Initiating collection procedures for delinquent customers.
- Ensuring company policies and procedures are followed as they relate to AR.
- Other projects as assigned
The ideal applicant will have:
- 2+ years’ experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Experience using PeopleSoft, SAP and JD Edwards is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment.
- Proven team-player and proactive personality.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision as well as availability to work flexible hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
**Please apply with your resume to this posting if interested. Hiring date is ASAP***
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
** Thank you for your interest in this role. Only applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you. **