Welcome to Mezza Lebanese Kitchen, the culinary creation of two brothers who live and breathe the exotic world of Lebanese cuisine. Both have established themselves as entrepreneurs in the quick-service food industry by owning and operating several successful food service businesses in Nova Scotia.
For over 25 years, their restaurants have provided a fast, healthy, and affordable middle-eastern experience for customers. Mezza Lebanese Kitchen accommodates dine-in, take-out, delivery, late-night, corporate and party catering in a fast-casual environment.
There are currently ten locations in Nova Scotia: in the Halifax Shopping Centre, Burnside Business Park, Downtown Halifax, Scotia Square, Clayton Park, Lower Sackville, Cole Harbour, Tantallon, Dalhousie University Campus, and Sydney, Cape Breton. There is also one location in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Mezza’s brand has become recognized as one of the largest and fastest growing Lebanese restaurant chains in Eastern Canada. The food, décor and overall welcoming atmosphere directly reflects the brands motto: EAT LIKE YOU'RE FAMILY
Mezza’s reputation has a lot to do with this focus- or obsession- with freshness. We source local poultry, local beef, local produce, and prepare all sauces in-house. All of Mezza’s products are prepared in in-house kitchens and with several ingredients meticulously selected from Lebanon with careful consideration for delicious taste and superb quality.
We are currently looking to expand our team at all locations throughout Nova Scotia.
We have both Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
The Benefits of Joining our Team:
- 50% Food Discount on our delicious and healthy food
- Flexible Schedules to ensure a work-life balance for you
- For management positions, we offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Competitive wages and room for growth in a rapidly growing company
Job Responsibilities for Food Counter Attendants
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Mezza Lebanese Restaurant Group Operations Manual
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Mezza Lebanese Restaurant Group Operations Manual
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Performs paperwork duties as needed.
- Experience: Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction. Previous food handling experience is considered an asset.
- Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computer-based Point of Sale system/cash register.
- Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
If you are legally entitled to work in Canada and are interested in working with Mezza please click APPLY NOW