Start Date: as soon as possible
Operating Name: Wescon Doors
5120 Polkey Road
Duncan, British Columbia
V9L 6W3, Canada
Work Location: Duncan, British Columbia
Regular Salary Increase: Yes, per union schedule. In 2017: at 3 months, $15.41; at 6 months, $17.56; at 1 year, $18.09. Additionally, schedule increases 2% on March 13 each year.
- Benefits per the BC Employment Standards Act, including: two weeks (10 business days) vacation
- Dental, long-term disability
- BC Medical Services Plan
- Extended Medical Plan
- Read and implement orders and diagrams
- Repairs on doors and machine to match on customers existing products
- Trim and sand joints, moulding, and other wood items, then assemble with hand and power tools
- Assemble wood window sashes, doors, boxes, and pallets
- Assemble pre finished products and package for shipping
- Assemble door panels, modular components assembly line using hand and power tools
- Reinforce assembled products with dowelling or other supports, and install hardware such as knobs and hinges, and multi-point locking hardware
- May assist with maintaining and repairing machinery
- Assemble interior and exterior door units and prepare parts to finish the doors
- Help put the finished products on to pallets and onto the truck
Education: no formal education required
Experience: 1-2 years of experience
Licenses: within 90 days of employment start:
- Forklift license will be required
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) certificate required will be required.
Skills & Ability: To carry out all listed tasks and work with all listed conditions.
- Extended periods of standing
- Combination of walking, sitting, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Noisy at times.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
Apply to the attention of Lael by:
- phone 250.748.5595
- fax 250.748.5815
- replying to this ad
- regular mail to business address above
- in-person to business address above