ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse® interactive home and business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
Reporting to the Commercial Installations Supervisor, the incumbent will perform installations, repairs and adjustments needed for various types of commercial equipment and security systems. He/she is also responsible for commercial project follow-ups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install security systems and add-ons including programming, activation and functional testing
- Complete installation documents
- Apply various installation standards and standards for security system installation (scope of work and/or other documents)
- Support business owners during installation to resolve problems
- In case of problems during installation, evaluate solutions in terms of cost and share with commercial sales department
- Obtain client approval when work has been completed and ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure customer training following system installation
- Create project plans and reference documents
- Coordinate installation work and deadlines with customers and dispatch department
- Ensure that necessary support documents are produced before activation (as-built drawing, user manuals and training manuals)
- Provide customers with shop drawings, deadlines and all other necessary information
- Ensure that parts and equipment are available in the required timeframe
- Participate in building meetings and inform the installation team about decisions made
- Occasionally perform installation, as well as repairs and adjustments for residential accounts
- Participate in training and information activities organized by the company and suppliers
Secondary School Vocational Diploma (DEP) in security installation and maintenance and/or college diploma in electronics graduate
- Experience in commercial security systems installation and maintenance (access controls, camera and multiple partition and/or multi-site security systems)
- Knowledge of building code regulations
- Knowledge of computers and networking
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time properly
- Plays well with others
- Autonomous and resourceful
- Able to work at high heights
- Valid driver's licence mandatory
- Security system competency card
- General health and safety course for building sites
- Training in preventing falls from high places (scissor and boom lifts) an asset
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.