Procom is one of North America’s leading staffing and contract workforce services providers. A privately held company, Procom has been deeply committed to continuous growth and improvement for both ourselves and our clients. Our business succeeds because we are reliable and our clients trust us, and we work hard to earn that trust by providing keen insight and a commitment to transparency. Through ongoing partnerships, we have become recognized as the market-leading source of high-performing services and solutions that transform how our clients acquire and manage the very best talent. With prestigious recognition, including being named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies for eight straight years in a row, we are extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished.
Client ID: 242359
Technical Lead - Senior Software Support (Embedded C++)
On behalf of our client, a well-established Canadian organization, Procom Consultants Group is seeking a solid Technical Lead - Senior Software Support to lead a sizable team (50% of the time) but also program/configure (focusing on configuring, supporting & maintaining the software - the other 50% of the time) to join an excellent product development company well-established in Calgary (Permanent job).
Technical Lead - Senior Software Support - Job Details
- Support & lead the Customer Engineering team. Manage all stakeholders accordingly.
- This position is ideal for someone who has experience with any transport Systems &/or transport Data Analysis in a support, product development or services environment.
- The successful candidate will apply domain knowledge as the group leader. He/she is someone who can quickly learn how to implement both internal solutions & is a result driven individual who works exceptionally well with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Manager - Customer Support to plan, coordinate & execute delivery of product & services in the most efficient manner.
- Responsible for 24/7 technical support of the company’s products & services to ensure timely response to customer & internal infrastructure issues.
- Escalate voice of the customer & product deficiencies to Product Management & Product Engineering.
- Provide oversight, mentorship & support to the customer engineering team while creating an enjoyable work environment.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the team is sufficiently challenged to prevent complacency & maintain employee satisfaction.
- Report on data metrics & challenge the team to continuously improve results with the goal of increasing customer satisfaction.
- Develop & implement an initial & recurrent training program.
- Document & maintain process, procedures & work instructions.
- Maintain compliance with any certification requirements.
- Manage relationships with key internal & external stakeholders, including; employees, clients, suppliers & senior leadership.
- After hours on-call support as required.
Technical Lead - Senior Software Support - Job Details - Mandatory Skills
- University degree in IT, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of solid Technical Lead/Management experience within a Software maintenance & support function (with at least 30 to 50% hands-on work).
- Excellent track record getting the work done whilst rallying the team, keeping people motivated and working efficiently together.
- 7+ years of Solid & recent programming & scripting experience with Embedded C/C++ and related technologies
- Good background in defining & validating algorithms for data monitoring.
- Excellent Communication, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Highly Enthusiastic, Self-motivated & driven individual.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization & time management skills
Technical Lead - Senior Software Support - Assignment Location
Technical Lead - Senior Software Support - Length