Are you someone with a retail or customer service background who is looking for a career role? We offer a team based environment, growth opportunities, and excellent compensation and benefits.
- Hours will vary, flexibility required. Guarantee of 25 hours per week.
- Starting wage $17.50/hour, top rate after 24 months $22.80/hour
Customer Service Orientation
- Serving our customers in the most efficient and courteous manner on the telephone and in person
- Up-selling and cross selling Corporate Products and Services
- Handling customer complaints and inquiries
- Working to resolve problem shipments
- Working to resolve equipment and technology challenges
- Working with Head Office, local management, Drivers, warehousing staff, account managers and other Corporate partners to ensure excellence in customer service
- Building a positive relationship with Head Office, local management, Drivers, Warehousing staff, account managers and other Corporate Partners
- Building a positive relationship with customers
- Building a positive relationship with key contacts - Vendors, building tenants, etc.
- Assisting customers with shipping details and account challenges
- Loading, scanning, logging and calling resolution freight
- Cash reconciliation including deposits, key control
- Communicating in a positive manner with Head Office, local management, Drivers, warehousing staff, account managers and other Corporate partners orally and in writing
- Listening to customers and key partners
- Communicating to customers and key partners in a positive manner
Personal Responsibility and Accountability
- Compliance to all Corporate Polices and Procedures (including uniforms)
- Adhering to all Safety Standards
- Being on time/attendance
- Living the Purolator Values
- Representing the Purolator Values to Customers and key partners and, other duties as assigned by management
Key Areas of Focus
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent in relationship building
- Experience and adaptation to using technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for actions and situations
- 3-12 Months Customer Service Experience preferred
- 3-12 Months Retail Experience preferred
- 3-12 Months using technology/ POS system Experience preferred
- Ability to lift 70lbs./stand for 3 hour intervals
- Professional communication skills: oral communication (telephone and in person);
- Written communication; and listening skills
- Proven track record of personal responsibility and accountability- including attendance, uniform compliance and attention to detail
- Experience working in a team environment and independently an asset
- Experience working in an environment with safety standards an asset
Location: 543 - Victoria
Working Conditions: Retail Center Environment
Reports to: **insert hiring manager's title**
Purolator values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all those applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We recognize that our employees and their families are key stakeholders. We will only be successful as a business if we provide our employees with a safe and healthy workplace and we have the right people in the right roles with the support they need to succeed. We hire for attitude and train for skills. To learn more about us and our values, go to www.purolator.com.
At Purolator, every day is an opportunity for our employees to connect with one another and with our customers to help make a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play.