A Part-Time role as a Retail Sales Rep is a great way for a relationship-oriented person to flex their selling skills while representing some of the biggest and most exciting brands! Our Reps quickly build rapport with Store Management and use consultative selling skills to provide profitable retail solutions to Hershey customers. In addition to gaining commitments for new product placements and seasonal promotions, our Reps are responsible for creating best-in-class displays, replenishing product on shelves and maintaining the overall retail image of Hershey products by ensuring close attention to inventory presentation and age.
Duties include increasing volume through effective merchandising, selling and servicing of the assigned retail, corporate and independent stores.
This includes ensuring distribution of all listed products, ensuring optimum product appearance and quality, servicing individual stores on a regular basis and building a strong working relationship with store management, booking seasonal/major programs when required.
Administrative work is also required – reporting on all sales call activities, submitting booking programs, maintaining accurate files, and attending district and regional meetings.
- Use relationship-building skills to quickly establish rapport with store managers and key decision makers.
- Execute sales and merchandising plans in existing convenience store accounts. Detailed “Retail Execution Plans” will be provided.
- Use consultative selling skills to negotiate place of primary, secondary and end cap displays throughout the year and during critical seasons such as Easter, Halloween, summer, etc.
- Report daily sales activities through the use of an IPAD.
- Report weekly mileage, competitive activity, account changes, promotions as well as completing all administrative functions within assigned territory.
Skills, Knowledge and Education Requirements:
– High School education preferred or equivalent experience
– Ability to lift up to 30lbs
– 1- 3 years of sales experience with sound knowledge of sales techniques in consumer packaged goods preferred.
– Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
– Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
– Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking
– Takes initiative in pursuing objectives
– Ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
– Proficient in MS suite (word, excel, power point) and IPAD Technology
– Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
- Proof and maintenance of passport, valid drivers’ license and good standing driving record.
- This is a permanent part time position, 20 hours per week (Monday to Thursday / 5 hours per day).
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle required for which mileage rates will be paid (.48 cents per KM & the hourly wage is $19.85 an hour)
- Accounts include a mix of Grocery, Convenience & Gas, Drug Stores, Big Box and Independent Retailers
- Some overnight travel may be required for meetings and training (Approx 4 nights per year)
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
- Fantastic Rewards & Recognition Programs
Location: Lethbridge and surrounding area
The road is your office. This position requires a road warrior who is able to work independently on the road while interacting with our customers and sales team.