Golf Town is a place where golf devotees put their love of the game to use, building and sharing their knowledge of the latest industry trends. As leaders, innovators and lovers of the game, we work together in a highly professional environment, spreading passion for the game through our Green Jacket Experience, and giving our customers the best advice, equipment, apparel, club repair, services, and accessories. And we're teeing up with great Associates to do the same.
Join a company that not only thrives on bringing the excitement of golf to a growing audience of fellow enthusiasts, but also recognizes the value of attracting and retaining a great team.
As a Sales Associate, it is your responsibility to provide in-depth knowledge and experience in the area of golf merchandise. Ensure sales and customer service is the department priority. Make sure customer’s questions are answered professionally and suitably and ensure they leave the store with appropriate equipment for their needs. The Sales Associate will maximize sales by finding the right products, providing creative solutions to each customer using a win-win approach, removing barriers so as to ensure exceptional service and an enhanced golf experience for each and every customer.
1. Customer Service:
• Provide customers with highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance to each and every customer.
• Demonstrate the ability to listen to and solve customer issues.
• Understand and be knowledgeable of how to handle customer complaints.
• Be familiar with Company Customer Service policies.
• Answer department phones courteously within three rings.
• Address asset protection issues that may occur in the department in a manner that there is neither a loss to the company nor an uncontrollable situation with the customer.
• Sell merchandise at company established prices and ensure discrepancies are addressed and authorized accordingly.
• Be familiar with golf apparel and accessories and suggestive selling of these essential items.
• Possess golf product knowledge and be familiar with the product knowledge materials and vendor product lines.
• Be knowledgeable of merchandise on the floor as well as in the backroom, including verification of the current selling price.
• Keep current on all new product information.
• Be familiar with the daily advertising and promotions to accurately inform the customer.
• Communicate to store management any missed opportunities in sales due to product.
3. Floor Stock and Display:
• Ensure the store area is neatly arranged and meets retail standards.
• Maintain floor standards, customer service standards, and utilizes selling skills.
• Assist with proper merchandising execution to maximize sales, earnings, and customer satisfaction.
• Support in developing floor standards, visual merchandising, customer service standards, and sales techniques.
• Communicate any merchandise processing issues to Department Manager.
• Responsible for other duties as assigned or developed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES:
• Prior retail experience
• 1-2 years of golfing sales experience is an asset
• Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong communication both verbal and written
• Ability to build and sustain relationships
• Exceptional interpersonal skills-ability to adapt to meet a wide range of customer needs, able to build rapport quickly
• Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.