Marketing & Communications Specialist – Full Time
Administration Branch, 3550 Portage Avenue
You're a super savvy and motivated Marketing & Communications Specialist who is looking to roll up your sleeves, break out of the status quo and put your stamp on things. Not being restricted to one marketing specialization, but being given the ability to develop & implement marketing initiatives across the spectrum, makes you spontaneously bust out a happy dance.
You're a born storyteller who can bring a brand to life, turning strategy into compelling copy and meaningful messages across multiple channels. The mere thought about creating raving fans of the Y makes your heart sing.
In short, you are an experienced, lion-hearted go-getter who's ready to consistently “bring your A game” and flex your marketing muscles with this unique opportunity at the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg. Bonus points if you're passionate about health and wellness.
You have a proven ability to:
- Proactively create, coordinate and implement cohesive marketing and communication initiatives to a variety of business lines
- Identify priorities, seize opportunities and multi-task as you lead projects from initial concept development to finished collateral
- Build relationships with key media contacts and initiate media relations initiatives
- Develop full lifecycle marketing programs in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
- Degree or diploma in Marketing or Communications
- 4-7 years’ experience in creating and executing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Superior communication and relationship-building skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Experience in brand management, copywriting, editing, and proofing of multimedia materials
- Fundraising communications experience preferred
- Experience in the following areas are assets: non-profit/charitable sector; graphic design; HTML coding
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume, cover letter and two work samples (one editorial writing sample and one advertising writing sample) by Monday, November 20, 2017 for confidential consideration to the attention of:
General Manager, Human Resources
The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search and Child Abuse Registry Checks.
We look forward to contacting qualified candidates.