About Iron Mountain
Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) is the global leader in storage and information management services. Iron Mountain is committed to storing, managing and transforming what our customers value most, from paper records to data to priceless works of art and culture. Providing a full suite of solutions - records and information management, data management, digital solutions, data centers and secure destruction - Iron Mountain enables organizations to lower storage costs, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and protect their data and assets from a complex world. Visit the company website at www.ironmountain.com for more information.
Iron Mountain enables 94% of the Fortune 1000 to smartly and securely manage their physical and digital information assets. With unmatched innovation and collaboration, our teams create information management solutions for our customers' data, no matter what format, location or lifecycle stage it's in and no matter where it's kept. We are more than 17,000 people strong and growing. We've been a trusted records management leader since 1951.
Iron Mountain Canada is an employer broadly committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes all people. Globally, we believe it is our diversity that contributes to our companies' shared success. We work hard always to avoid discriminating on any grounds other than capability to perform the requirements of the job.
The Customer Development Executive role manages the relationships for an assigned set of high revenue, high complexity Iron Mountain customers to ensure continued revenue, customer satisfaction with service and IM programs, as well as position new solutions designed for further growth. The Customer Development role may partner on some named accounts with an Iron Mountain Business Development role. The Customer Development role, by being knowledgeable about their market, will represent Iron Mountain's information management value proposition and educate customers about business relevant solutions. Proactively manage customer programs through new opportunity identification, upsell execution, renewal strategy, and issue management to enable growth. Focus on Customer loyalty providing proactive solutions to meet customer needs while uncovering and selling new opportunities for revenue growth and quota attainment. In some accounts the Customer Development role is the primary customer contact and will manage and maintain relationships with current Iron Mountain customers that require a high level of support to ensure satisfaction with service and IM programs, positioning the relationship for further growth and retention.
- Builds and maintains customer relationships to understand the organizational business objectives and goals. Partners with key customer decision maker(s) to structure partnership (s) strategy as it relates to customer requirements (new sales opportunities, service level expectations, training of IM solutions, FBR structure/timetable). Ensures frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customer educated on emerging industry trends related to customer's organizational information management needs. Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
- Assesses assigned customer's current and potential needs, determining appropriate Iron Mountain products and solutions. On accounts where they are partnered with a Business Development partner, they assist in the development of strategies and business plans through understanding the customers; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Assists in the positioning of alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM's total solution offerings for customers through their relationship and customer support. In accounts where the Customer Development role is the sole owner of the customer account relationship, they are responsible for the above. (strategy development, account plan, new solution presentation, upsell and cross sell)
- On accounts where they are partnered with a Business Development partner, they support key account selling activities including detailed responses to RFP's, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings. Primary objective within assigned account territory will be to grow the overall Book of Business by a specific assigned percentage. In accounts where the Customer Development role is the sole owner of the customer relationship, they are responsible for all of the above. (Selling activities, RFP response, research, SFDC tracking, sales forecasting)
- The Customer Development role is the primary owner of contract renewals and negotiations. Partners with the customer on renewals and work through any RFP process by identifying gaps in current contract in place and understanding customer needs in order to successfully renew the contract. Partner with other Iron Mountain departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and SLA as appropriate to drive customer retention strategy. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, and contribute to RFP responses. Responsible to identify through relationships and reporting accounts that are at risk to terminate and drive strategy to retain those accounts.
- Responsible for final account profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts. Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within assigned accounts.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of any customer issues that are roadblocks to customer satisfaction. Responsible for researching escalated service and billing issues to ensure all appropriate actions by other parties are being taken to resolve issue and ensure follow through until closure and complete customer satisfaction. Facilitate customer ad-hoc requests such as reports, audits, tours and analysis.
- Conduct analysis such as customer needs analysis, service or solution gap analysis, compliance assessments and customer issue trends. Identify risks and perform root cause analysis and lead action in directing internal and external teams in issue resolution/corrective actions. Communicate service suggestions to customer for the most advantageous services and provide insight as to business/industry trends that may be applicable.
- Facilitate account terminations including identifying reason for closure, defining possible solutions to customer issues to lead to retention, negotiating account closure procedures and prices (if retention efforts are not successful).
- Active within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keeping current within market trends. Maintains a deep knowledge of customer's business trends, current macro and micro economic climate, and potential new business opportunities.
- Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling.
- Must have the ability to identify customer needs and translate customer needs into solution requirements.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to partner, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to make decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of IMRM and customer personnel (to include C-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
- Individual must have 4 years minimum successful experience in a "customer-facing", service and sales oriented position.
- Should have extensive experience in related vertical.
- Proven experience building internal and external customer relationships, navigating across an organization and growing current customer business base through internal partnerships.
- This role is required to have general business acumen and understand IM's solution offerings and its competitive environment.
- This role requires a deep understanding of IM's services, programs, workflows, systems and processes across all lines of business and an understanding of the procedures of other departments.
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame