Golf Town is a place where golf devotees put their love of the game to use, building and sharing their knowledge of the latest industry trends. As leaders, innovators and lovers of the game, we work together in a highly professional environment, spreading passion for the game through our Green Jacket Experience, and giving our customers the best advice, equipment, apparel, club repair, services, and accessories. And we're teeing up with great Associates to do the same.
Join a company that not only thrives on bringing the excitement of golf to a growing audience of fellow enthusiasts, but also recognizes the value of attracting and retaining a great team.
The specialist will perform a variety of corporate sales, marketing and customer service activities to support stores and customers for insurance sales and corporate sales. In addition, the individual will provide a variety of administrative support and reporting activities to the business.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service over the phone to assist customers in placing orders and catalog requests, answer questions about product availability and shipment tracking.
- Work closely with the merchandise team and vendors to assess and maximize product assortment and pricing.
- Efficiently enter customer information and conversation notes in to electronic order database.
- Provide customer service to our retail stores as they place orders for their customers.
- Provide quotes to stores for large corporate orders.
- Assist and support on-the-job training for new hires and existing associates within our stores.
Follow up on Customer Orders:
- Work with stores to ensure sales order information is complete.
- Daily communication with stores regarding the status of order/back orders, colour changes, product changes, quantity changes, artwork delays and shipping methods.
- Art work proof and formats are to be approved by the customer and/or store in writing, either fax or e-mail.
- Ensure art work proof and formats are returned to the Suppliers on a timely basis, once approved.
- Daily communication with the Suppliers to verify when the goods will be ready, how and where they will be shipped.
QA, Shipping and Delivery of Customer Orders:
- Track courier shipments to/from all destinations.
- Co-ordinate, in advance with the NLS on any packaging jobs required and advise the store if any labour charge will apply (if so apply charges to the sales order).
- Orders received are to be checked for quality control and approved by the store for shipping.
- Contact Supplier for any “direct to the customer” freight charges & to verify quantities shipped.
- Contact the Supplier to clear any discrepancies.
- Ensure correct costs: pricing, freight, art and incidental are applied against the sales order.
- Oversee and monitor all incoming insurance quote requests via email, exclaim, fax or by phone.
- Provide recommended replacement of product and insurance pricing on all golf related items pertaining to each individual claim.
- Email or fax completed quote to the insurance company, stores, and/or the insured directly.
- Liaison between stores/insurance companies’/insurance customers in relation to any golf replacement claims.
- Field all insurance related inquiries.
- Facilitate and follow up all approved claims through one of our Golf Town locations.
- Run monthly reports on insurance spend in store.
- Eventual prospect of branching out and meeting with the insurance companies to maintain and grow the insurance business partnership with Golf Town.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications:
- College diploma in sales, business or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Promotional products industry knowledge and experience an asset.
- Bilingual (fluent in English and French - written and oral) an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building. Able to identify business opportunities (up selling, cross selling etc.) and capitalize on them effectively.
- Demonstrated communication and customer service skills.
- Solid organizational and time management skills coupled with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is a key ingredient of success.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft word, and excel. Knowledge of sales support software is a strong asset.
- Passion for golf.