Golf Town is a place where golf devotees put their love of the game to use, building and sharing their knowledge of the latest industry trends. As leaders, innovators and lovers of the game, we work together in a highly professional environment, spreading passion for the game through our Green Jacket Experience, and giving our customers the best advice, equipment, apparel, club repair, services, and accessories. And we're teeing up with great Associates to do the same.
Join a company that not only thrives on bringing the excitement of golf to a growing audience of fellow enthusiasts, but also recognizes the value of attracting and retaining a great team.
The Senior Financial Analyst will ensure that the integrity of the stock ledger is maintained by monitoring all inputs to the stock ledger (shipping/receiving, store-to-store transfers at the retail stores, distribution center(s) and ecommerce processing center. The Senior Financial Analyst will reconcile the stock ledger to the general ledger, prepare month-end journal entries and management reports related to vendor assistance, shrink or other reports as required by the business.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Independently identify and analyze all inventory discrepancies in the stock ledger and report outcomes to appropriate Management.
- Analyze flow of merchandise from warehouses, vendors, and inter-store transfers; lead all research efforts and reconcile any missing or damaged cartons appropriately.
- Evaluate compliance as it relates to Inventory Controlling and store performance through Monthly reporting
- Address compliance issues directly with stores/field managers to improve performance.
- Consistently provide constructive feedback to field management, loss prevention and other corporate partners concerning on-hand inventory accuracy.
- Support training and development of stores through conference calls, scheduled touch bases, effective written communications, presentations, etc.
- Compile and analyze physical inventory results; prepare regular shrink analysis to identify trends and facilitate awareness.
- Responsible for timely feedback to stores in response to inventory related emails or phone inquiries.
- Partner with IT, merchandising and operations to improve processes for inventory flow and reporting with the intent of creating business efficiencies and prevent further errors.
- Working closely with the Loss Prevention Manager to optimize all aspects of sound inventory control.
- Reconcile of inventory balances between the POS system and accounting system.
- Prepare month-end journal entries related to inventory (Ex. Shrink, landed cost turnover, net downs, inventory in transit accruals).
- Compile reports, prepare analysis (vendor assistance threshold, vendor assistance forecasting) and make business decisions in support of senior management.
- Other accounting and FP&A duties as required.
Essential Requirements and Qualifications:
- CPA designation.
- 2-5 years retail or relevant experience.
- Strong analytics skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required/Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including English at business level.
- Strong process and flow skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Strong with IT systems (knowledge of Retail Pro and SAGE a plus)