Golf Town is a place where golf devotees put their love of the game to use, building and sharing their knowledge of the latest industry trends. As leaders, innovators and lovers of the game, we work together in a highly professional environment, spreading passion for the game through our Green Jacket Experience, and giving our customers the best advice, equipment, apparel, club repair, services, and accessories. And we're teeing up with great Associates to do the same.
Join a company that not only thrives on bringing the excitement of golf to a growing audience of fellow enthusiasts, but also recognizes the value of attracting and retaining a great team.
Key job accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Assumes leadership role with accountability for maximizing store business results by consistently creating exceptional Customer experiences.
- Facilitates achievement of business results by providing uniquely responsive Customer service, compelling merchandise presentation, operational integrity, optimal staffing and Associate development.
- Achieves company objectives and enhance the brand image by modeling our values; Honesty, Enthusiasm, Accountability and Respect.
- Develops and implement agile strategic plans to achieve business results.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the store and district.
- Leads efforts to ensure customers experience customer service that is friendly.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
Managing Store (100%):
Sales and Service:
- Facilitates consistent, exceptional Customer experiences through the effective execution of the MOD role.
- Coaches the store team on the link between service behaviors and business results to support our service and selling model.
- Ensures effective communication of direction, and education to the team.
- Maintains optimal staffing and scheduling while being responsive to changes in traffic and business trends.
- Provides leadership and communicates to associates service and selling model.
- Responds to customer feedback. Maintains KPI standards.
Associate and Team Development:
- Recruits, selects, trains, develop and retain high performing and productive managers and sales associates.
- Communicates goals and provides leadership which inspires total associate commitment to company objectives and values through effective performance based coaching, motivating recognition and timely, constructive feedback.
- Provides development opportunities for associates that support company growth.
- Writes and conducts annual performance evaluation for associates.
- Develops associate schedules and submits all necessary HR/Payroll required paperwork to HR.
- Coordinates all candidate and new hire process (paperwork, offers, etc).
- Communicates and ensure compliance to Company Policies and Procedures. Communicates information provided in the various Company communication materials (Footnotes, memos, e-mails, etc)
- Ensures store appearance and visual standards/presentation that are consistent with the companyâ€™s brand image and standards.
- Responds to business trends by communicating information to the Regional Director as needed. Ensures store is compliant with established standards.
- Manages resources to maximize financial goals.
- Fosters knowledge and integrity with regard to compliance with company policy in all practices.
- Effectively uses resources and business partners to resolve issues with a sense of passion.
- Recognizes when to change strategic direction to attain and sustain maximum results.
- Educates team on the link between operational integrity and itsâ€™ impact on facilitating an exceptional Customer experience.
- Oversees daily store cleaning, recovery, maintenance and inventory.
- Uses monthly Ops Assessment to identify and correct operational deficiencies in the store.
- Ensures training is conducted regarding LP and Safety standards.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum of college or university degree or equivalent work experience;
- 5-7 years of management experience with strong emphasis on big box retail management;
- Knowledge of and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of a Point of Sale (POS) and inventory management computer systems;
- Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements;
- Excellent leadership and management skills including the ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, discipline, and develop staff;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to motivate others;
- Proficiency in base computer use, including e-mail, MS Word or other word processing program and Excel or other spreadsheet program