As a Senior Communications Specialist, you will be part of a team developing internal communications for national audiences. Working with a senior communications lead, you will develop and execute creative solutions, in collaboration with design, digital and social media teams.
- Develop content and copy for online and other communications media or internal, human resources, or change communications
- Manage projects according to communication plans, production schedules, and budgets
- Forge strong relationships with senior communication leads to ensure delivery of solutions that meet business needs
- Assess project communication needs and goals, identify audiences and audience needs and issues
- Present creative solutions and materials to client groups to illustrate concepts and gain feedback
- Collaborate with other team members on creative solutions to meet project goals, budgets, schedules
- Collaborate with other communication team members as necessary to ensure consistent messages, positioning, timing and language for various internal and external audiences
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree relating to communications, and at least two years of related experience. A combination of education and work experience will also be considered.
- Outstanding communication skills with a demonstrated ability to be creative in written content.
- Problem-solving, strategic planning and project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage and deliver multiple projects in a quality and timely manner, independently and under pressure
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills and ability to work well with a national team working in different locations
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a changing environment
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Proficiency with common office software.
- Skills with HTML or Sharepoint would be considered a strong asset.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.