Privately owned and headquartered in Burlington, Ontario, PINK ELEPHANT is a global leader in providing IT Service Management consulting, education and conferences. And we are proud to be celebrating over 40 years as a highly respected pioneer in our field.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Finance has a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company with day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, payroll, and strategic planning. This is a hands-on role in a multi-jurisdictional organization best suited for individuals with experience in a small/medium entrepreneurial environment. This opportunity is located at our corporate office in Burlington, Ontario (QEW and Burloak Drive).
- Directs all aspects of the Finance and Accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll, etc. for all business entities (North America and Southeast Asia)
- Provides the Executive with strategy and tactics related to budgetary matters, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and cash flow management
- Leads Finance personnel ensuring cross training of employees as appropriate
- Prepares annual company Operating and Capital budgets for Executive approval
- Reviews monthly financial statements and other related accounting reports
- Provides timely and accurate accounting/financial reporting, analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts
- Ensures adequate cash flow
- Oversees all company audits
- Prepares tax reports and other government reporting for all entities
- Consults with external parties (CRA, IRS, tax advisors, etc.) to address issues and develop tax planning scenarios
- Presents recommendations on issue resolution, tax planning, etc.
- Establishes and implements accounting procedures and policies
- Serves as the primary contact for banking and insurance related matters
- CPA designation required
- 15+ years of progressive accounting, reporting, and managerial/leadership experience
- Exceptional business acumen acquired through experience in a small/medium but complex entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated track record of proven financial acumen and leadership that demonstrates ability to work with senior leadership to gain deep insight into how to improve the organization’s operational and financial performance
- Exceptional ability to drive partnership, alignment and communication across functional, business and geographic lines; able to develop “trusted advisor” status at leadership levels to impact and influence decisions and effective actions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - strong facilitation, negotiation, influencing, and presentation skills
- Proven project management and organizational skills to execute time sensitive deliverables and effectively manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to quickly understand business processes, their risk implications and analyze complex situations to reach appropriate conclusions
- A competitive compensation package including a company sponsored RRSP
- A dynamic, entrepreneurial small office environment
- An interesting, challenging work experience
PINK ELEPHANT…We Lead the Way!