Golf Town is a place where golf devotees put their love of the game to use, building and sharing their knowledge of the latest industry trends. As leaders, innovators and lovers of the game, we work together in a highly professional environment, spreading passion for the game through our Green Jacket Experience, and giving our customers the best advice, equipment, apparel, club repair, services, and accessories. And we're teeing up with great Associates to do the same.
Join a company that not only thrives on bringing the excitement of golf to a growing audience of fellow enthusiasts, but also recognizes the value of attracting and retaining a great team.
Job Title: Department Sales Manager
Reports To: General Manager
As Golf Town’s Department Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing customer service, sales, merchandise processing and operational functions in a department or group of departments within a store. Requires strong leadership skills to train, supervise and lead associates. Focus on driving sales through training, customer service and merchandise presentation.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Merchandise Presentation
- Ensures Company standards for merchandise presentation are met on a consistent basis.
- Oversees implementation of merchandising and advertising guidelines; monitors pricing and verifies ad merchandise setup and signage are accurate in designated areas.
- Ensures accuracy and timely completion of prices changes and price identification in designated area.
- Ensure department is well stocked, priced and displayed per company standards to maximize the opportunity for sales.
- Communicating regularly with management on product requests, outs, hot items and inventory concerns, as well as staffing requirements.
- Ensure stockroom is maintained per the company standards.
- Ensure smooth flow of merchandise from stockroom to sales floor.
- Ensure discontinued merchandise is cleared out and that markdowns are appropriate.
- Manage filing and labeling of impulse strips in area.
- Manage price changes and transfers as directed by SSC and other stores.
- Validate inventory on hand matched Retail Pro on-hands.
- Handle special order follow-up, i.e. vendor and customer contact.
- Customer Service
- Ensure customers are provided with highest level of customer service, emphasizing courteous and knowledgeable assistance to each and every customer.
- Watch, listen, interact and follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve issues.
- Model customer service for associates and promote sales whenever interacting with associates and customers.
- Ensure customers are accurately informed of daily advertising and promotions.
- Accountable for increasing sales, units per transaction and transactions size in the department(s).
- Ensure merchandise is sold at company established prices and discrepancies are addressed and authorized accordingly.
- Communicate with associates regarding pertinent information on daily, event or seasonal business issues.
- Ensure associates are utilizing suggestive sales techniques and adding on items to sales.
- Be knowledgeable of merchandise on the floor as well as in the backroom, including verification of the current selling price.
- Assistant in recruitment, interview and final selection of all department associates.
- Assist in training associates on sales, customer service, operations, merchandising, product knowledge and monitor progress.
- Participate in annual performance evaluations for department associates; make promotional and merit increase recommendations based on performance.
- Execute disciplinary procedures fairly and document corrective action properly.
- Create new hire’s training schedule and follow the Training Checklist with all new hires in department.
- Operations Management:
- Participate in the Manager On Duty (MOD) Program, which requires complete understanding of all store procedures.
- Walk the floor regularly to manage the floor for daily MOD responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines involved with safety, loss prevention and cash handling procedures.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned or developed.
SKILLS, EDUCATION, COMPETENCIES:
- College degree in business, golf management preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience. Previous management experience preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Internet
- Affinity for luxury golf equipment, apparel and accessories, keen interest in golf and regularly keeping up to date with market trends and new innovations in golf retail
- Strong communication and leadership skills and sound judgment.
- Detail oriented and strong attention to customer service.
- Prior merchandising and planning responsibility required.
- Ability to execute company standards successfully.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills-ability to adapt to meet a wide range of customer needs, able to build rapport quickly
- Creative, innovative
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Flex schedule - some weekends and evenings.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY NOVEMBER 10TH, 2017