Executive Assistant for an Entertainment Technology Company
Who We Are
CAST Group of Companies Inc. has been supplying the entertainment industry with revolutionary technology solutions for over 22 years. Today, we deliver the design and previsualization software tools which have become a global standard for the entertainment, events and lighting industry. Recently, our latest creation; a groundbreaking tracking solution for the entertainment industry has taken the world by storm. BlackTrax is quickly becoming the latest industry standard application.
About the Job
You will be reporting directly to the Controller and the Director of Business Development. You will assist in prioritizing tasks, organizing confidential material and interfacing between all the company’s departments. Make a vital contribution by finding the best travel arrangements, organizing work schedules and meetings, event planning for the Company and helping with some accounting functions. There will also be a sales administrative component assisting in the sales lifecycle and roadmap of BlackTrax.
Finally, you will be assisting the company in a general capacity to ensure a streamlined function that will help us evolve and grow.
The Amazing things you’ll do!
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Work independently as well as part of an extremely dedicated team and work effectively within a cross-departmental mentality
- Find and negotiate the best deals for office supplies, furniture, flights, hotels and events
- Absolute discretion in dealing with confidential information such as customer documentation, financials, and sales reports
- Strong, self-directed work initiative, organizational and time management skills supported with confidence, which comes from maturity and experience, to make decisions and set priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, tact, integrity, and diplomacy
- Contribute to the team effort, streamline processes, and take on offset workload as needed
- Maintains a small degree of professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; internal technical documents, etc.
- Be customer facing, in person, email, phone and tradeshows; comfortable greeting and directing
- Ability and interest in travelling to tradeshows, potentially 5% - 15% of the tradeshows per year
- Conserve time by aiding with the compiling of reports, certain correspondence, drafting letters, and the preparation of documents and template contracts
- Compile documents and follow-up with customers for execution
- Assist in basic bookkeeping, qualifying leads, quoting, purchase orders, and invoicing
- Conducting various research tasks relating to marketing and sales
A Little about You!
- 5 years’ experience with a small to medium sized company
- Completed a post-secondary degree or diploma
- Outstanding English written/oral communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on complex tasks
- Amazing initiative, time management skills, and organizational skills
- Excellent at utilizing Microsoft Outlook
- Command of manipulating and optimizing spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel
- Adept at designing and executing documents in Microsoft Word
- Technical or AV knowledge relating to the entertainment industry is a huge asset
- QuickBooks and/or CRM experience/proficiency a big plus
- Proficiencies in other languages is an asset
CAST is located at:
35 Ripley Avenue, Suite 1
Please send your questions and resume to HR@cast-soft.com. We will reply only to those candidates who have been shortlisted for the position.