A Part-Time role as a Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) is a great way for a relationship-oriented person to flex their selling skills while representing some of the biggest and most exciting brands! Our Merchandisers quickly build rapport with Store Management and use consultative selling skills to provide profitable retail solutions to Hershey customers.
In addition to gaining commitments for new product placements and seasonal promotions, our Merchandisers are responsible for creating best-in-class displays, replenishing product on shelves and maintaining the overall retail image of Hershey products by ensuring close attention to inventory presentation and age.
This position is considered “Permenant Part-Time” working 22 hours per week on a regular schedule of Monday to Thursday, 5.5 hours per day.
On average, an RSM will visit between 6-10 accounts per day. No car allowance is provided; however, mileage for travel will be reimbursed at .48 cents per KM.
An RSM earns $19.85 per hour plus a 5% annual cash bonus target, part time benefits and paid vacation.
• Use relationship-building skills to quickly establish rapport with store managers and key decision makers.
• Execute sales and merchandising plans in existing convenience store accounts. Detailed “Retail Execution Plans” will be provided.
• Use consultative selling skills to negotiate place of primary, secondary and end cap displays throughout the year and during critical seasons such as Easter, Halloween, summer, etc.
• Report daily sales activities through the use of an IPAD.
• Report weekly mileage, competitive activity, account changes, promotions as well as completing all administrative functions within assigned territory.
• Valid driver's license without restrictions and personal vehicle in sound operating condition.
• Proof of Insurance, a valid driver's license and a valid passport.
• Availability to work 22 hours per week. Regular work hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
• Must reside within the territory boundaries established by the Hershey District Sales Supervisor.
• Ability to use an IPAD
• High School education preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
• Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
• Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking and a demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
• Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
So what do you say? Would you like to represent fun brands like Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Twizzlers and Jolly Ranchers!?
If so…apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
- Fantastic Rewards & Recognition Programs
Approx. Boundaries of territory: Brampton, Acton, Erin, Georgetown & Hillsburgh
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Hershey Canada, Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.