SR. PROCUREMENT SPECIALISTS, SHIPBUILDING
Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc.is hiring multiple Sr. Procurement Specialists, Shipbuilding. These are permanent full-time staff roles based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
We are looking for high performing procurement professionals with energy drive and ambition to join our talented team at Irving Shipbuilding, proudly building naval ships for Canada, in North America’s most modern ship building facility, Halifax, Nova Scotia. Successful applicants will have a track record of making a marked difference to the performance of global supply chains and building high performing operational and commercial supplier relationships.
- Developing high performing suppliers and supplier relationships;
- Analyzing supply market conditions;
- Development and implementation of commodity sourcing strategies.
- Understanding the worldwide supply base for commodity groups.
- Managing and controlling commodity groups for equipment & services - meeting cost, quality and stakeholder requests.
- Leading programs to improve supplier quality, cost, and delivery performance.
- Negotiating contracts and long term supply agreements.
- Leading Integrated strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier selection.
- Supporting new product introduction activities including solicitation of vendor furnished information.
- 5+ years of experience in the ship building industry, in a supply chain, or engineering function
- University Degree in an Engineering, Business or related subject, or equivalent experience
- Procurement/Supply Chain accreditation: SCMP, MCIPS or ISM would be an asset.
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.