Procom is one of North America’s leading staffing and contract workforce services providers. A privately held company, Procom has been deeply committed to continuous growth and improvement for both ourselves and our clients. Our business succeeds because we are reliable and our clients trust us, and we work hard to earn that trust by providing keen insight and a commitment to transparency. Through ongoing partnerships, we have become recognized as the market-leading source of high-performing services and solutions that transform how our clients acquire and manage the very best talent. With prestigious recognition, including being named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies for eight straight years in a row, we are extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished.
Client ID: 244018
On behalf of our banking client in Toronto, Procom is seeking a Network Analyst contractor for a position in Toronto.
Network Analyst Job Details
The Network Analyst will implement updates to its end-to-end QoS configuration in support of an ongoing VoIP initiative.
The successful candidate will also be involved in performing network and security stress testing of new advanced security DNS appliances. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the manager of network infrastructure and design standards as under the supervision of the overall project Delivery Manager. Depending on the efficiency of the project and the expediency of reaching project milestones there may also be opportunities for the incumbent to participate in smaller projects related to automation of technical processes and/or integration of network management systems leveraging API scripts (Python, Perl, JSON, etc) and/or Gigamon network tap feature testing (metadata forwarding) to SIEM.
Network Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Act as the primary implementation engineer for the update of end-to-end QoS configuration, in accordance with design/standards delivered by the Network Engineering team, for a number of campus locations across Ontario.
- Review the in-scope network infrastructure and formulate an action plan to update the configuration to comply with standards provided by Network Engineering, including the clean-up/removal of any unnecessary legacy configuration.
- Work with the project team and network engineering to establish timelines for implementation Liaise with internal network engineers and architects to resolve any design or software related problems that may arise throughout the course of the project.
- Ensure that QoS configuration is implemented consistently and successfully across all locations in scope for this project.
- Perform network QoS implementations outside of standard work hours to align with established maintenance windows (evenings work primarily; working from home with adjusted work hours is a possibility) following standard corporate change management processes.
- Perform network and security stress testing (DDoS simulations) in a lab environment against network infrastructure including Infoblox advanced security appliances.
- Validate technical and functional capabilities of the Infoblox advanced security appliances as it pertains to security and network defense.
- Perform proof of concept testing for Gigamon network visibility appliances (GigaVUE HC-2, HC-1) as it pertains to DNS logging and metadata forwarding.
- Provide regularly reporting of overall project status to the project delivery managers and direct manager on a regular basis.
- Documentation of new operational processes and traffic flows as they relate to both the QoS and lab testing.
Network Analyst Must Have Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 5-7 years IT industry experience required.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification or related knowledge work experience an asset.
- Strong understanding of standards based QoS Packet marking (DSCP, PHB, COS).
- Strong familiarity with the way QoS is configured across a variety of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE & NX-OS platforms (i.e. Software vs Hardware Queuing, WRED, NAR etc.).
- Knowledge of the DNS protocol and DNS servers such as Infoblox or BIND.
- Knowledge of network stress testing tools such as IXIA/Breaking Point/Perfect Storm, iPerf.
- Working knowledge of virtualization concepts (virtual machine, hypervisor, hardware abstraction, VMware, etc).
- Programming skills including PERL, Python, and RESTful API integration as they pertain to the software defined data center considered an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience with working with automation or orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Powershell is considered an asset.
Network Analyst Job Duration
Network Analyst Location