Posted On: Wed, Nov 22, 2017
Closing On: Fri, Jan 05, 2018
Department: Smart Bus
711 Kernaghan Avenue
New Flyer Industries - North American's leading manufacturer of Heavy-Duty Transit buses in the U.S. and Canada is looking for a Business Development Specialist.
We hope you'll join us as we develop new greener, leaner and cleaner transit solutions in a responsible way. Don't settle for a job when you can get ahead in a career.
As a key member of our Smart Bus team, you will be responsible for New Flyer Connect business development strategies, accounts and projects. You will develop customer retention strategies, create marketing and training materials, and review public bids and business models.
What you will do:
- Manage Smart Bus technology projects, maintaining emphasis on customer retention.
- Acquire and maintain an expert command on the use of New Flyer Connect, including a functional understanding of the system's capabilities and limitations.
- Lead and participate in sales initiatives, business discussions and negotiations with potential customers.
- Acquire and maintain an expert knowledge of existing Bus and Coach monitoring solutions and trends.
- Create marketing and promotion plans, and materials for New Flyer Connect.
- Develop training materials for drivers, installers and external users of the system as well as internal customers.
- Develop business models and concepts including pricing structures, payment terms and contractual agreements.
- Interact with vendors and customers on technical and non-technical issues associated with the use of the New Flyer Connect system.
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline
- Strong technical aptitude
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Adept with Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively within a team environment and to work independently as required
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast paced team oriented environment
- Experience with Telematics or in the transportation industry would be considered an asset
*Travel is required for this position*