We have recently announced the expansion of our Canadian operations with the creation of a new technology centre in downtown Toronto, Ontario, which is home to an emerging ecosystem of world-class technology talent. Our plan is to create around 1,500 technology and operations jobs in the coming few years, starting with an initial tranche of 400 roles at the new Centre focusing on emerging skills such cognitive computing, data visualization, cloud and core platform development.
Grow your career in software development by working on our market leading technology solutions. Apply your skills and your passion for technology to work with a team driving innovation throughout the entire software lifecycle. Here's your chance to participate in enhancements of Thomson Reuters software that is utilized by professionals across the globe, while developing your expertise along the way.
Our innovation hub location is a short walk away from Union Station in downtown Toronto. The fresh new office space features a game room, open collaboration spaces, healthy snacks in our kitchen as well as regularly scheduled fun team events.
Thomson Reuters has been recognized by FORTUNE as a Worldâ€Ts Most Admired Company and by Globe and Mail as a Top 100 Employers in Canada for eight consecutive years. In addition, we are proud to be selected as one of the Best Companies for Women by Fairygodboss.
You will gain:
- Experience in a collaborative, agile work environment delivering consumer product
- The tools you need to be successful, in a relaxed work environment
- Sharpened technical skills with the opportunity to grow a career, not just a job
- You have a passion for technology
- You are self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on a team
- You also have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Your specific experience includes:
- Solid academic record
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Having experience in the following areas:
- C++, C#, or Java
- Web application development, Web services, Mobile development or Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Good understanding of object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Development and troubleshooting of customer facing software applications
- Software testing, performance tuning within large and complex software systems
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.