ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
An ADT service technician must troubleshoot, repair, inspect and install ADT-approved products and have a very good understanding of electronic security and customer service.
An ADT service technician needs to develop and maintain a "Customer Obsessed" culture and put safety first. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that he/she can efficiently meet technical requirements while providing an exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all company and external agency environment, health, safety, and wellness requirements.
- Schedule appointments with clients and others as required.
- Complete work site job hazard safety assessments and take appropriate actions prior to starting job tasks to minimize risk of injury.
- Address customer concerns regarding operation of ADT security systems.
- Service, install, troubleshoot, repair, and inspect ADT products and equipment at customer sites.
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams and technical manuals as necessary.
- Use personal computers and software applications including DOS and Windows.
- Possess working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) configuration and operation.
- Use a mobile device (laptop) to view the history of a system and troubleshoot problems.
- Use a mobile device to track service tickets, hours worked and record actions taken to solve the problems.
- Utilize assigned field mobility device to input and submit payroll timesheets.
- Train users as required on how to operate their security system.
- Prepare service ticket reports in order to obtain the customer's signature.
- Hold a valid driver's license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Ensure assigned vehicle is maintained in accordance with required standards.
- Manage vehicle inventory and replenishment in accordance with ADT standards.
- Participate in training and information sessions given by the company and suppliers
- Perform any other duties inherent to the position and/or upon request of the immediate supervisor
- High school degree.
- The ideal candidate holds an electronics diploma/certification from a recognized post secondary institution.
- Minimum 2 years experience installing, inspecting and/or servicing electronic security systems.
- Excellent customer service and good communication skills.
- Mechanical abilities and ability to use hand tools, power tools and test tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Able to problem solve effectively and make quality decisions
- Physical ability to stand, squat, kneel, bend, crawl, climb, sit, climb a ladder and lift up to 40 lbs (occasionally overhead).
- Availability to work variable hours and weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
ADT Security Services Canada inc. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT Security Services Canada inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.