Program: Élisabeth Bruyère Hospital
Position Type: Temporary, Vacation replacement / Relief, Day/Evening, Approximately 412.5 hours
Salary Scale: $24.391 to $28.016 /hr, plus a percentage in lieu of benefits
Start Date: 2017/12/04
Closing Date: 2017/12/10
As part of Bruyère Continuing Care you will be contributing to fulfilling our Mission which is committed to improving the quality of life of our patients and residents by living our values of respect, compassion, collaboration, accountability and learning.
The Ward Clerk will provide administrative support and clerical services to the patient care unit which ensures smooth efficient running of the unit by acting in the capacity of the resource centre and thereby facilitating and promoting an environment conducive to continuous quality patient-centered care for the unit/program. This position reports to the designated manager within the specific unit/program.
He/She is committed to living the Mission and Values of Bruyère Continuing Care.
He/She is committed to patient and resident safety, on-going learning and continuous quality improvement.
- Secondary school diploma, or equivalent
- Medical Terminology or Ward Clerk course or equivalent (equivalency must include medical terminology course)
- Ability to transcribe medical orders
- Fluent in French and English
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, electronic mail, spreadsheets etc.
- Clerical/secretarial skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with the public
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to effectively collaborate with the members of the interprofessional team and support staff
- Flexibility, aptitude, ability and innovation in practice to work within continuously changing environment
- Sensitivity to the needs and capabilities of Bruyère Continuing Care patient population.
Bruyère Continuing Care is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the departmental official of the accommodation measures which may be required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Regular work attendance may be taken into consideration.