Wellington House is a long term care Home of 60 beds located in the historical town of Prescott, Ontario. Our multi-disciplinary team is made of a diverse group of people who are passionate about striving for excellence in providing compassionate care and engaging programs for our residents. We are owned by Deem Management Services Ltd. and are managed by Extendicare whose overall plan is "One Team, One Mission, One Vision". Like Extendicare, Wellington House is also about helping people live better. We invite you to come and be a part of our family!
DIETARY AIDE – Wellington House
Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at Wellington House Long Term Care Residence, a 60-bed long-term care facility, located in Prescott, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, the Dietary Aide assists with food preparation and serving of meals. Cleans eating, cooking, storage, and serving areas, as well as equipment. Follows established policies, procedures and standards.
- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Assists Cooks to clean and prepare such uncooked food as salads, vegetables and fruits. Follows basic instructions in preparing such simple foods as breakfast items, basic desserts and garnishes.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act required. If enrolled, must complete program within three (3) years of hire date.
- Previous dietary experience preferred in LTC Home 0-1 year(s).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand simple verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Candidates will be required to provide a Vulnerable Persons Sector Police Check (acceptable if within 6 monthsPlease forward your resume to Kristie at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thank you!
- Closing Date: December 20th, 2017