A Worldwide Vision Connecting People with Technology
Amphenol Canada Corp. an ISO 9001 Company, is a subsidiary of Amphenol Corporation of Wallingford, CT. and is exclusively dedicated to the development, manufacturing and marketing of connector systems for both the aerospace and commercial market segments.
Marketing Analyst – Internship (min. 1 year)
Financial Analyst, High Speed
- Act as a key financial information officer between multiple departments (ie. Marketing, Management, Operations, Sales).
- Responsible for providing forecast/budgeting reports to the key audience. Provide variance analyses if necessary.
- Prepare period-end corporate reports pertaining to actuals and forecasted sales by various details such as: by product lines, by geographical channels, by customers.
- Capital budgeting: evaluate the new projects, manage the approval process and provide a high level summary to the management with key information such as the NPV, DCF, IRR, Payback.
- Daily standard reports such as the following: the bookings report, sales report, inventory management report, backlog report.
- Period-end management reports such as the backlog summary, distribution chase report, weekly revenue projection report, E&O report.
- Internal controls: ensure that proper processes are in place to generate accurate datasets for its respective reports. Identify the existing limitations and issues surrounding the internal controls and initiate corrective measures to mitigate the problems.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining Excel tools that cater to the needs of the key audiences such as the Marketing Manager, Account Manager(s), General Manager and the Corporate Controller.
- Complete ad-hoc requests as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written English skills. Due to the nature of this position, an analytical person that is dedicated to accuracy would be best suited. Opportunities for advancement and growth are available to other marketing or finance departments within Amphenol.
- Must abide by all Health and Safety Rules and have demonstrated commitment to good housekeeping/organizational practices.
- Maintain good working relationships with others.
- Strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of the work environment, this includes active participation in company committees, project teams and relevant job training
- Commit to self-development goals as discussed with your supervisor and attend all company sponsored training.
- Related undergraduate degree(s) in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Advanced Excel User: able to manipulate datasets with highest degree of flexibility incorporating VBA, pivot tables, complex formulas.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Able to learn new ideas quickly and adapt to the changing environment.
- Able to think outside the picture. Ideal candidates are expected to be creative with their approach and be able to create new tools to suit the requirements coming from multiple audiences.
- Superb understanding of the business operations, and provide analytics with meaningful insights that will aid the management's understanding (ie. cost analysis, profitability analysis, product/customer mix)