WHO WE ARE
Henry’s is a great place to work. The loyalty of our employees and their passion for photography and customer service sets us apart from the competition. Henry’s employs principled, dedicated and passionate people who work hard at what they do. Our success is based as much on our creative and talented teams as the selection of products, competitive prices, and industry leading services we offer.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A HENRY’S MANAGER
As the Retail Store Manager, it will be your responsibility to make sure that the store always looks great, supports the Henry’s brand and achieve its goals. You know the action is on the sales floor, where you coach your team members to reach their goals. You lead by example and always create an environment where employees feel valued, can grow and function well as a team.
Some of the Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for effectively running all store operations and activities.
- Create ongoing action plans to support all company initiatives and deliver sales results.
- Provide leadership and guidance to all staff.
- Set an example for all staff by demonstrating superior communication and customer service skills.
- Ensure timely communication of product knowledge, systems training, merchandising techniques and issues of security to all employees.
- Responsible for hiring, orientation, and on-the-job training of all new employees.
- Employee coaching and performance management
- Prepare in advance lists of tasks to be accomplished during any foreseen absence (i.e., day off or holidays).
- Conduct weekly group meetings as a means to discuss ideas, new product information, current or upcoming retail promotions and any additional retail initiatives.
- Review and communicate sales statistics as they apply to each sales associate in order to direct and promote positive selling efforts.
- Continually keep lines of communication open with senior management.
- Review daily report summaries.
- Ensure completion of payroll & paid time off records.
- Review monthly, all store statistics and maintain up to date records.
- Motivate and inspire the team to perform to their full potential and rally around the company mission, vision, and
WHO YOU ARE
You are a leader. No ordinary leader, but one that can inspire, coach and develop their sales team, drive business, and ensure our customers always have a great experience. Successful store managers bring enthusiasm and confidence to this role, as well as an instinct to lead, a passion for process and the ability to achieve results. You will want this role because you love to grow, build, create, and balance many priorities while facing external factors beyond your control. You love retail!
- Previous Retail Management experience (7 years +)
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong merchandising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid planning skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Personal discipline
- Exceptional time management & organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn and understand administrative responsibilities
- Ability to delegate
To apply for the role, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "Store Manager - Newmarket" in the subject line of the email.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in the role. Due to the volume of resumes received we will only contact applicants meeting role requirements for next steps.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, Henry’s is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please email email@example.com if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.