Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: BIO) (NYSE: BIOb) develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of innovative products and solutions for the life science research and clinical diagnostic markets. The company is renowned for its commitment to quality and customer service among university and research institutions, hospitals, public health and commercial laboratories, as well as the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and food safety industries. Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad is based in Hercules, California, and serves more than 100,000 research and healthcare industry customers through its global network of operations. The company employs more than 7,600 people worldwide and had revenues exceeding $2.1 billion in 2014. For more information, please visit www.bio-rad.com/en-us/corporate/careers.
Based out of Montreal, the Field Service Representative will take care of company product(s) at customer site. Provide support and instruction to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of equipment. Serve as customer liaison on service related problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage assigned customers within territory following established company guidelines.
- Troubleshoot, repair and verify Life Science and occasionally Diagnostic instruments.
- Perform preventative maintenance on existing instruments.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades on existing equipment/instruments within specified time frames.
- Install new equipment/instruments, as needed.
- Train customers and occasionally work colleagues. Maintain spare parts inventory.
- Respond to customer questions via telephone and provide technical on-site support as needed. Request backup resource when unable to resolve problem.
- Complete service repair; show good judgment in keeping expenses within guidelines; complete bi-weekly expense reports and time sheets
- May be required to travel outside of home territory to perform emergency service calls, as requested by management.
- Will report any and all issues that pertain to potential customer dissatisfaction to immediate manager and the Account Manager.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
- Degree in electro mechanics, inelectronics, in technology physics
- 2 or more years of relevant field repair experience where Biomedical Engineering experience will be considered an asset;
- Experience servicing high precision Laboratory instrumentation or similar equipment with Optics, and lasers,
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills both in French and English.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Ability to travel on short notice.
- Must be flexible with work and travel hours.
- Overtime may be requested at any time upon Manager’s request.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Ability to lift, push and pull approximately 50 pounds unassisted.
- Will typically work independently with minimal or no direct supervision.
- Medical and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, Out of Country Medical Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan
- Company car
- Company contribution to Internet services and to a health and fitness program.
Bio-Rad Laboratories (Canada) Ltd. is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes all qualified applicants. We also have an accommodation process in place and provide accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Should you need accommodation, please let us know.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.