Irving Shipbuilding, located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and the Canadian Coast Guard. The company's commitment to health, safety and care for its employees and the environment is an integral part of its business.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is seeking multiple Orientation Trainers.
These are permanent full-time roles based in Halifax, N.S.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Diploma
- Experience: Journeyperson (Red seal preferred or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience in a "new build" shipbuilding environment
- Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Ability to take direction and give instructions
- Ability to effectively instruct in a classroom environment
- Be familiar using a computer (including Microsoft Word, Excel etc)
- Ability to confirm attendance and payroll of employees during orientation
- Ability to counsel and assist in GAP closure so that trainees successfully complete the orientation
- BE A TEAM LEADER
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Assist in the development, teaching and monitoring of the new facility orientation program for Irving Shipbuilding trade employees.
- While conducting class, the Instructor will exercise direct control over activities, certify attendance, counsel trainees on progress and suggest how improvement can be achieved.
- Work will be conducted both at the Nova Scotia Community College and the shipyard.
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision. For further details, please contact Tracey MacCharles at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume of past experience and education is required.
All applications will be reviewed by one of our recruiters. If the recruiter sees a potential opportunity (current or future) that matches your skills and experience, you will be contacted to discuss your qualifications for a position with Irving Shipbuilding.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.