ADT is a leading provider of security and automation solutions for homes and businesses in the United States and Canada. ADT's broad and pioneering set of products and services, including ADT Pulse® interactive home and business solutions, and health services, meet a range of customer needs for today's active and increasingly mobile lifestyles. Headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, ADT helps provide peace of mind to nearly seven million customers, and it employs approximately 17,500 people at 200 locations. More information is available at www.adt.com.
An ADT Installation Technician performs installation, troubleshooting, repair, and inspection functions on ADT approved products and is recognized as having significant expertise in the fields of electronic security and customer service.
Developing and maintaining a "Customer Obsessed Culture" and a culture of safety is a priority for ADT. The successful candidate will be expected to effectively perform technical requirements while delivering exceptional customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all company and external agency environment, health, safety, and wellness requirements.
- Coordinate appointment scheduling with customers or others as required.
- Complete worksite job hazard safety assessments, and take appropriate actions prior to starting job tasks to minimize risk of injury.
- Address customer concerns regarding operation of ADT security systems.
- Install, service, troubleshoot, repair, and inspect ADT products and equipment at customer sites.
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams and technical manuals as necessary.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of personal computers and software applications including DOS, Windows and ADT proprietary programs.
- Possess working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) configuration, connection and operation.
- Utilize assigned field mobility device (notebook computer) to enable, program and test systems as required.
- Utilize assigned field mobility device to retrieve install/service jobs, track job times and record actions taken to complete job requirements.
- Utilize assigned field mobility device to input and submit payroll timesheets.
- Provide security system training to users as needed.
- Prepare job completion and service reports for customer signature..
- Ensure assigned vehicle is maintained in accordance with required schedule.
- Ensure vehicle inventory is replenished and maintained in accordance with ADT standards.
- Minimum Requirement - High school diploma
- Ideal candidate will possess electronics related diploma / certification from a recognized post secondary institution.
Minimum 2 years experience installing, inspecting and / or servicing electronic security systems.
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to effectively use test equipment, hand and power tools.
- Physical ability to stand, squat, kneel, bend, crawl, climb, sit, climb a ladder and lift up to 40 lbs (occasionally overhead).
- Availability to work variable hours, weekends and/or "on-call" shifts as necessary to meet customer requirements.
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain acceptable driving record
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in accordance with applicable federal and provincial laws, without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability or any other characteristic protected by provincial or federal law.
ADT Security Services Canada, Inc. is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.