We wake every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and turquoise lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We're united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can't be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they'll share with their friends and families for years to come. It's all about sharing our amazing destinations.
We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our Vision is to be the world's leading provider of experiential adventure travel.
- Our Mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences.
- Lead supervisor of all food preparation while coordinating the work of Cooks and Dishwashers
- Supervises the training and cross-training of kitchen personnel
- Researches, recommends and implements new policies and procedures relating to food preparation
- Reports all maintenance and repair needs to Executive Chef
- Supervises, expedites and participates in food preparation, in accordance with standards of quality, quantity, taste and presentation
- Checks food for taste, temperature and visual appeal
- Supervises the presentation and return of food
- Stores food items in refrigeration boxes to prevent contamination
- Ensures the satisfaction of guest requests for special food items
- Supervises the creation of attractive food displays
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excited by the idea of living and working in a remote (yet very social) environment
- Minimum 3 years management experience in high volume food service and restaurant operations
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on customer service
- Experienced and proficient in the latest sanitation and HACCP standards.
- Ability to control cost - food and labor
- Computer literacy, including word processing
- Proven leadership experience
- Organizational skills and ability to implement culinary program and brand development
- Comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time
- Meet the grooming and appearance standards
- To honour our commitment to be "Always Honest" all employees must consent to a criminal record check
- Standard First-Aid or higher an asset
Thank you for your interest in working with us, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Contract dates; March 26th to October 21st, 2018
- Typically 5 days on/2 days off
- 6 days on/1 day off during peak periods
- Days off may change with each schedule and depend on business level
- Long weekends may incur schedule changes
- Expect 35 - 44 hours per week depending on business levels
- Chef jacket issued on arrival, on a rental basis
- Eligible for a retention and performance bonus