Acend is a venture backed technology company building an insurance and risk platform for an autonomous world. We’re an up and coming company, which is focusing first on drones and drone insurance and then moving on to other autonomous vehicles. We have an intelligent and motivated staff – many of whom have worked together for years at several successful entrepreneurial companies. With offices in Massachusetts and North Carolina, we’re very excited to start our Halifax office & get another strong team on board.
As a Full-Stack Developer at Acend, you will be an integral member of a small technology team working on internal and external facing applications and tools. The Full-Stack Developer supports the improvement of our near-launch core products and helps create our next generation of cutting edge tech.
Superstars in Ruby on Rails are our ideal candidates! We're spinning up a new team in Halifax to work with our US engineering staff. If you have a passion for developing applications that end-users love, are comfortable with independent and collaborative work, and are at home in a small organization where they can make a real difference in the New Year then please apply!
Candidates should be prepared to share examples of code they’ve developed and be willing to take a coding test.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage timelines and development of code base via AGILE processes
- Work with US and offshore development teams to ensure delivery of desired functionality
- Contribute individually and participate collaboratively with the engineering team
- Attend daily Scrum meetings, weekly company meetings and conference calls
Other tasks as assigned or agreed upon with your supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience using Ruby on Rails
- 1 - 3 years of professional experience using ES6 or TypeScript
- Up-to-date knowledge of HTML5 / CSS
- Relational Database experience, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Distributed Version Control - Git / Github
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable with partial remote work
- Experience with modern web and application development practices: continuous integration, scrum or agile development, don’t repeat yourself (DRY) frameworks, automated deployment and provisioning
- degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience and knowledge with some of these additional technologies: ansible, docker, ubuntu, nginx, redis, GraphQL
- Test-Driven Development, using technologies such as RSpec and Capybara
- AWS experience
- Any open source code or example projects that you're proud of
Excellent, flexible working conditions & competitive benefits package is soon to come!