Senior Survey Crew Chief
Marker Geomatics Inc. is looking for motivated staff to work and grow as part of a team to deliver superior service as well as quality products in a wide variety of surveys in the Municipal and Oil and Gas industry. This position will be require the successful applicant to work shift work away from home.
Title: Senior Survey Crew Chief
Location: Home Office in Edmonton, Alberta
Expectation: The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Completion of topographic and as-built surveys, for turnover and volume reporting.
- Completion of survey layout for both Civil Earthworks and Structural Steel construction.
- Calculation of Data from engineering drawings for use in survey layout.
- Follow company procedures.
- Organization of incoming and outgoing project data.
- Proper setup and storage of data and files.
- Adherence to the corporate HS&E program.
- Liaise with client's on-site representatives to ensure project data is complete
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certification from a recognized post-secondary institution in a program with a survey or geomatics focus or equivalent legal and construction surveying experience.
- The ideal applicant has experience in design/survey services related to municipal/oil and gas construction projects.
- Must have experience using Robotic Total Stations, GNSS Equipment and Digital Level.
- Must have knowledge on completing field notes related to both Legal and Construction Surveys.
- Be well versed in Microsoft Excel/Word.
- A willingness to learn how to use the latest in technologies and develop skills in new fields of work.
- Strong team player.