Shannex is a family-owned, Maritime-based company that has been providing care to clients for over 20 years. Offering Care at Home, Retirement Living and Enhanced Care services across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Shannex has been built on the commitment to place clients first, to provide service excellence and respect each client as an individual. Our core values; clients first, building trusting partnerships, always improving quality and being accountable, define what Shannex stands for and create the framework for all that we do.
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of Retirement Living accommodations, and services in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs over 3,800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Concierge – Casual
Located in Mississauga, Ontario, at Parkland on the Glen, reporting to the Head Concierge the Concierge is a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Retirement Living Division. The Concierge is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service.”
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Make restaurant reservations
- Complete Wake up calls for residents
- Responsible for Panic Alarms and Fire Alarm Panel
- Responsible for Lock up and Opening procedures
- Direct and support during emergency situations
- Recommend entertainment and attractions
- Book transportation
- Manage all client requests, relying on extensive list of contacts with local merchants and service providers.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Security Guard licensing training will be provided
- Previous Concierge experience required
- Ability to work independently with confidence
- Related educational program of a hospitality management program at a recognized community college or university is an asset
The following would be considered assets:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Care Course
- U-First Training
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use electronic information systems, including but not limited to electronic health records
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, shift and weekend premiums, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply at Careers with Shannex.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working at Parkland Retirement Living. Due to the volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Parkland Retirement Living strives to be a supportive and inclusive work environment and provides equal opportunity employment. Accommodations will be provided to applicants with disabilities to enable participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring process. Applicants requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.