ALIO Health Services facilitates all aspects of Patient Support Programs by providing Home Health Care services to patients within these programs. We provide treatment instruction and support to our patients regarding their medication, injections and/or infusions. We provide support to patients in their home, which is delivered using a proprietary, highly automated patient care intake and processing system.
We are actively seeking talented RNs/RPNs/NPs to provide this in-home support to our patients. We are seeking RNs/RPNs/NPs who have experience in scheduling appointments, attending visits at the patient's location, completing required documentation (electronic and/or paper/fax), adverse event reporting, and providing follow-up as needed for all visits. We require candidates who are interested in a casual, part time opportunity to supplement their income. This opportunity allows for you to choose your own hours and schedule appointments with your patients as it fits yours and their schedules. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then please apply online today!
- Providing in-home infusions, and educational training and supervision in the use of auto-injection and self-injection devices
- May be required to administer infusion and injectable medicines to patients.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments, attending visits at the patient's location, completing required documentation (electronic and/or paper/fax), adverse event reporting, and providing follow-up as needed for all visits.
- Responsible for managing home care visits for patients who require product infusions, education, supervision of self-injection or may be required to administer the injection of medicines using an auto-injector or pre-filled syringe in the patient’s home.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with patients to schedule and complete visits as required by drug treatment schedule.
- Complete on-line documentation.
- Complete required charting and documentation associated with a visit and to submit reports in a timely fashion.
- Report adverse events within 24 hours of becoming aware of the adverse event.
- Fulfill other duties as required for the position.
Qualifications and experience:
- Valid RN/RPN designation in province of residence and/or operation with current license in good standing
- Health Care Provider CPR certificate (BCLS or ACLS)
- Minimum 2 years of practical nursing experience
- Previous Self-Injection training experience in a homecare or out-patient setting are considered assets
- Must be able to work independently to organize, prioritize and schedule patient visits according to patient availability
- Must have flexible work schedule to accommodate patient visits
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (French in designated areas)
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent customer service skills in dealing with patients, health professionals and industry personnel
- Must have established home office (including computer, internet connection, printer, facsimile, scanner, mobile phone)
- Must have computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email
- Must have valid driver’s license and must own an insured car
- Ability to drive to patient’s home as required in your local area and possibly to distant geographical areas