Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of Staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) has offered for 90 years. With over 2,600 health care professionals serving clients in eight Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), VHA’s client and family -centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking: Call Response Agents (Customer Service Centre)
Permanent Part-time (20 hours guaranteed with opportunity for more hours)
Various shifts available between 6:30am-9:30pm Monday-Friday
with weekend rotation including stat holidays
You may be eligible to participate in the work from home program after the probationary period
In this role you will provide call answering and administrative support to the CSC; primary contact for all telephone inquiries made by the clients, LHINs, Community Partners, Subcontractors, PSWs, nurses and Rehabilitation Service Providers. The main functions of this role include telephone support, routine caller follow up, handling of client complaints and emergency calls, routine service changes and updates, private and all other general inquiries, maintenance of the client data base and communications with all VHA staff.
Key Skills, Experience and Behaviors required for this position:
- You have relevant post secondary school education/training combined with practical experience. Medical terminology is an asset
- You are an effective communicator with superior telephone skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, funders and employees by demonstrating excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with or diffuse caller conflicts and complaints, excellent listening skills
- You are culturally competent, interacting effectively with diverse stakeholders with a wide range of communication skills, knowledge and understanding of the home care system
- Must be able to communicate and document in an effective, timely and efficient matter with clients
- Must have a proven track record of strong punctuality
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deal with multiple priorities is a requirement
- You possess strong computer skills with proven speed and accuracy (50wpm) and have experience and a keen desire to learn and utilize new software/electronic applications
- Satisfactory completion of technical skills testing is required (typing test, MS outlook, excel and word)
- You are a strong team player and can work effectively under pressure, adhering to deadlines
- You are comfortable working in a constantly shifting environment as VHA responds to changes in client needs and staff availability
- Proven organizational and effective problem solving skills are required
- Demonstrated efforts to continuously develop and upgrade skills and achieve personal and organizational performance targets are required
- Knowledge of Gold Care and the ability to converse in a second language is a definite asset
- Experience and familiarity with Call Centre procedures is preferred
Please apply online at www.VHA.ca
VHA Home HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VHA is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment.
If you require an accommodation, let us know in advance.
Accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada
An RNAO Best Practice Spotlight Organization designate and;
A founding member agency of United Way Toronto