Come and be a part of our dynamic team and join us in building for the future together. We are expanding our business and have permanent full-time openings for Meat Cutters/Butchers - Retail or Wholesale on our day and afternoon shift. There are 30 vacancies and the start date would be as soon as possible.
- Cut, trim and prepare standard cuts of meat
- Remove bones from meat
- Prepare special orders.
- Wrap and package prepared meats
- Train meat cutters
- Use manual cutting utensil
Work Conditions and Environment:
- Physically demanding
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Cold/refrigerated environment
- Some areas may have odours
- Wholesaler, meat packing establishment
- Competitive wages (ranges from $17.35 per hour to $21.15 per hour)
- Competitive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision Care, Pension, Group Insurance)
- Afternoon Shift Premium of 50 cents
- 40 hours per week
- Training will be provided
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Completion of High School
- Commitment to safety and quality processes
- 1-2 years butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in retail/wholesale butchery environment.
- Butchery course an asset
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time
- Attention to detail and work well with others
- Perform critical thinking, have significant use of memory and continuous learning
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and decision making skills
- Basic English communication skills
- Basic security clearance
Working Location: 313 Menno St, Breslau, Ontario, NOB 1M0.
No public transportation available, transportation assistance may be available.
These positions are required for day (starting times vary from 6:00 am - 7:30 am) and afternoon shift (starting times vary from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm) Monday - Friday
Please upload/send your resume in confidence to http://conestogameats.com or fax to (519-648-3421)
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those invited to participate in our recruitment process will be contacted.