Build a career with one of BC's Top Employers!
Forward-Thinking | Client-Focused | Empowerment | Responsibility
BC Housing is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province.
We are a trusted leader and partner in providing housing solutions for British Columbians. Through safe, affordable and quality housing, we truly make a positive difference in people's lives and communities.
What makes BC Housing such an inspiring place to work? Our passion for making a difference, our people strategy, our values and so much more!
We're seeking candidates who share the values of our organization and who are committed to helping those in need. Make a positive difference; an exciting opportunity awaits!
Job ID: 2620 (Multiple positions available)
* An eligibility list may be established *
The Assistant works in partnership with the housing sector and community agencies to ensure that those in need of affordable housing are able to access a range of options for assistance with housing.
Provides direct customer service and support in the daily operations of the department's programs, products and service delivery, which includes The Housing Registry, delivering targeted rent subsidy and other rental assistance programs, the BCHome Owner Mortgage and Equity Partnership program, the Home Adaptations for Independence program, and the rent calculation and confirmation process for rent-geared-to-income housing.
Applications Assistants are required to work cooperatively in a team environment and be knowledgeable in all Applicant Services' program areas and are assigned work as required based on changing business needs and priorities.
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Post-secondary courses in office systems and procedures.
- Courses or training in the field of customer service.
- Courses or training in providing service in a Contact Centre environment.
- Minimum of three years office experience, including at least one year providing detailed information to the public. Experience providing direct customer service to the public, preferably in a Contact Centre environment, would be an asset.
A suitable combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Please note: The successful applicant(s) will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Solid command of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Good conflict resolution skills and the ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with upset, angry or abusive clients with diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, the public, and housing providers.
- Ability to apply legislation, regulations, operating agreements and other information sources for the purpose of assessing and explaining eligibility.
- Ability to plan, meet deadlines and adapt to critical priorities in an environment with competing priorities and a heavy and diverse workload without compromising the quality of work.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, and to contribute and co-operate in a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures and systems.
- Good mathematical and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to maintain quality standards.
- General understanding of affordable housing programs and housing clientele.
- General knowledge of government and community agencies and the services they provide.
- Good working knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying.
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
The benefits of joining a Top Employer!
We didn't become one of BC's Top Employers and one of Canada's Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.
All of our employees are rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and a host of great benefits. We're also a social and inclusive team that supports our people through ongoing training and learning opportunities. We genuinely appreciate the amazing effort our people bring to each and every day and so we have Rewards and Recognition programs that celebrate great effort, long service, environmental awareness, good ideas and positive change.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
To be considered for this competition, please submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they you meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and application as one single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Have Questions? Please see below for some useful information.
- Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/BC_Housing to find out about positions as they come available.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept resumes/cover letters by any other form than online at https://www.bchousing.org/careers. This helps to ensure privacy, as well as timeliness for applicants.