Shannex is a family-owned, Maritime-based company that has been providing care to clients for over 20 years. Offering Care at Home, Retirement Living and Enhanced Care services across Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Shannex has been built on the commitment to place clients first, to provide service excellence and respect each client as an individual. Our core values; clients first, building trusting partnerships, always improving quality and being accountable, define what Shannex stands for and create the framework for all that we do.
Shannex Incorporated is a leading and innovative provider of senior’s accommodation, care and service in the Maritimes and Ontario. Shannex is an expanding organization that currently employs 3,800 people. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer outstanding living choices, improved services and exceptional careers.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Recreation Assistant – Full Time
Located at our newly opening facility Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, NB, our Wellness Coaches are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within Shannex. Reporting to the Client Services Manager and working as part of the Wellness Team, the Wellness Coach implements and evaluates Harmony and Wellness services to all clients and guests according to established expectations for service excellence.
- Collaborating with each client to assess their engagement of meaningful activities in the six dimensions of wellness - Physical, Social, Intellectual, Vocational, Emotional, and Spiritual;
- Assisting each client in achieving their goals to enhance their overall wellness and assist with defining strategies for achieving those goals;
- Developing, analyzing and reviewing client-directed individualized and community-wide programs
- Fostering partnerships with local businesses and community groups to facilitate program development;
- Managing the Harmony Program technology to enhance communication with clients and staff;
- Demonstrates an understanding of the client-directed Philosophy of Service;
- Evaluating the Harmony Program to ensure that the program is meeting the clients’ needs and expectations along with upholding the established expectations of the program;
- Collaborating with the Harmony & Wellness team to develop a plan for full-scope wellness programming in the Hospitality & Wellness, Assisted Living and Memory Care service lines;
- Oversees the process of orientation for each new client to the wellness department and services;
- Completion of the Harmony Wellness Assessment Guide with all clients to assist them in defining their strengths and areas they would like to enhance to improve their overall wellness;
- Provides ongoing encouragement to clients in areas such as participation, volunteering, making independent decisions, and voicing personal preferences and choices;
- Collaborates with the Wellness Team to plans external client outings and organize transportation;
- Oversees Wellness services for special functions ensuring organization, cost efficiency & appropriate staffing;
- Develops and manages the volunteer program including: recruiting and screening, placement, orientation and education, and recognition and evaluation. Plans, supervises and evaluates student placements;
- Communicates effectively with all facility teams. Promotes teamwork, empowerment and cooperation;
- Degree/Diploma in Recreation or other related discipline;
- Experience in programming and planning for seniors in a recreational environment;
- Food Safety Handler’s Course (training is available);
- Emergency First Aid and CPR;
- Advanced proficiency level in the French language;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use electronic information systems, including but not limited to electronic health records;
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts when required.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias Care Course;
- Knowledge of the six dimensions of wellness;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, a corporate discount program, free on-site parking, and flexible scheduling.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply.
All applications will be kept in strict confidence.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.