Looking for full time hours? Our client, Mondelez International, has immediate openings for long-term temporary positions in general labour and packaging.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manually lift trays of candy, turning and feeding the product into the packing line on a continuous basis.
- Pack finished product into boxes at the end of the packing line
- Feed washing machine with dirty candy trays
- Quality Control - stand and look down as candy moves on the conveyor belt, watch for unfinished product and remove from the line any product that does not meet quality expectations
- Make boxes and feed to the packing machine
- General housekeeping; use cleaning products to clean packing machine lines, sweep and mop
- Other duties as requested by the supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous factory experience an asset but not required
- Own steel toe work boots
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, push, and pull and lift up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work a 12 hour continental shift rotation with shifts starting/ending at 7am/pm
- Prompt travel arrangements to and from a west end work location (near McMaster)
- Two positive references
- Willing to follow strict GMP (General Manufacturing Procedures) which includes; no jewelry, cellphones or other items in pockets, proper hand washing etc.
- A "Safe Attitude" and comply with Health and Safety practices and procedures including wearing PPE such as steel toed work boots, ear plugs and safety glasses
- $15.00/hour + 4% vacation pay & stat holidays
- Referral bonus of $100 for each successful referral (after 120 hours of work)
- Prompt weekly pay via direct deposit
- A safe work environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth by providing you with free training opportunities via our employee Web site myKelly.ca
- Employee of the month awards
- Access to our Employee Resource Centre
- Monthly communication newsletter and a chance for you to be featured!
- Opportunities to move into machine operator and shift coordinator roles
- Referral to the “Work for Credit” program to achieve your high school diploma
- A Kelly Onsite Team that cares about your future
Kelly Services believes in relationships, not transactions. That’s why we’re committed to successfully matching job seekers with the best employers across Canada and around the world. We fill positions from entry level to management, on a temporary or permanent basis. Whether your specialty is science, IT, finance, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, contact centre or business administration, we’ll work with you to understand your likes, dislikes, goals and ambitions, and present you with opportunities that meet your needs.
Kelly Services (Canada) Ltd., is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Please do not contact the local Kelly Branch as they are not responsible for this posting. This is through a separate division of Kelly, Global Talent Solutions. Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW