General Manager Job description
About Leisure Center:
A Brave New World beyond luxury retail. Leisure Center is a boundary- pushing physical platform in Yaletown Vancouver, offering a modern-day definition of leisure time, specifically focusing on the following areas: fashion, art, music, books, homeware, cosmetics, food and drink in a stylish space.
Inspired by Vancouver’s forward-thinking, innovative reputation – and the hardworking yet balance-seeking individuals who live here – Leisure Center combines luxury and leisure in a beautifully designed environment that strives to elevate the city’s cultural identity. Bringing together the best brands, artists, architects and luxury concepts, Leisure Center o ers an experience: speci cally, the idea of what we should strive for in our leisure time if we rede ne leisure time in our everyday life. Put simply, “life doesn’t begin and end with the objects we purchase.
We believe that real service is built on thoughtful, considered service and the building of human relationships that don’t end at the store front. Our uncompromising VIP pods encapsulate this approach. First and foremost Leisure Center is about offering an experience: of how we might ideally spend our leisure time if we stepped away from digital distraction and into meaningful interactions.
Drive the Business & Deliver Results
- Achieve financial targets through a strategic approach focused on developing, monitoring and the improvement of measurable statistics that drive the business.
- Oversee the development of clientele through leading by example in the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients, produce strong results from proactive outreach and the development of a client business through your sales staff.
- Development of business driving initiatives that build a repeat business or that attracts a new customer.
- Model and supervise the selling environment, providing consistent coaching on sales, product and client training in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and sales.
- Ensure disciplined management of store expenses such as payroll/wages, supplies, associate wardrobe, etc.
- Manage your people resources to maximize sales, traffic flow, floor coverage and customer engagement.
- Be proactive in communicating about product buying & allocation according to your customer demographic & business potential.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and model behavior that reflects the company’s core values.
- Translate the company’s overarching vision & strategy in a way that resonates with your team & maximizes your business.
- Create & execute a strategy for effective store communications (team-based as well as one-on-one) to ensure that your staff is involved & updated.
- Display a strong commitment to self-development and growth.
Lead Marketing and events
- Understand vancouver market and international luxury market
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Develops and manages sales/marketing operating budgets.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Directs product research and development.
Create the Customer Experience
- Lead by example & create an environment and a team that consistently delivers transformational customer experiences.
- Create, model and manage a highly productive selling environment by providing consistent training & coaching.
- Take ownership for the transformational experience in your boutique – customize it for your customer demographic & enable your team to develop & maintain productive customer relationships.
- Ensure visual merchandising and maintenance standards are met at all times.
Represent Leisure Center
- Emulate, teach and coach the brand aesthetic & embody a strong sense of fashion sensibility and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Oversee the development of clientele by designing & supporting strategic initiatives that build our customer base & increase repeat business.
- Generate new ideas & apply an entrepreneurial spirit to help build & continuously improve the business.
- Understand the importance of & ensure the efficient running of all store operations.
- Consistently adhere to all operational procedures and guidelines.
- Enforce our people policies & ensure accurate and timely processing of employee paperwork (including but not limited to payroll & time/attendance, employee changes & employee discipline).
- Protect our assets by adhering to all loss prevention and operational policies & procedures.
- Manage all inventory movement by ensuring the accurate & timely processing of mark-downs, transfers, RTVs & consolidations, damages and repairs, shipment receiving, customer sends, POS transactions, etc.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task and prioritize work to produce desired outcomes
- MBA degree prefered (fashion related discipline a plus).
- 5+ years experience as a General Manager in a luxury or service driven environment.
- Proven track record of success.