Reporting to the Manager, Category Management & Analysis, the Category Manager is responsible for developing category plans and performing category management best practices in accordance with category strategy objectives. The position supports operational planning and is required to liaise with a variety of Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries divisions.
- Assist with the development of annual category strategies.
- Develop annual strategic category plans that align with budget projections and enhance financial performance through incremental sales growth.
- Lead the execution of the category plans in order to achieve targets and departmental KPI’s.
- Transition towards a shopper centric model by defining each category’s role and intent.
- Analyze trend data to make appropriate changes to category plans.
- Develop call letters and execute listing process to obtain products in accordance with category plans.
- Continual improvement of category management processes working towards industry best practices.
- Enhance listing and delisting processes required to manage the overall corporate assortment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on category management processes and industry trends.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop assortment criteria and promotional initiatives.
- Identify industry trends and communicate relevant findings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Develop written and verbal communication plans in regards to category performance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Execute communication plans through recommendations, briefing notes and presentation material.
- Manage supplier performance and provide comprehensive information for industry meetings.
- Provide category performance data for month and quarter end reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working and strategic relationships with suppliers, agents and other industry organizations.
- Provide information to suppliers, agents and other industry organizations addressing inquiries regarding market conditions, strategies and plans.
- Encourage a climate that supports diversity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A degree/diploma in Business or equivalent.
- Certified Professional Category Analyst or equivalent. May be obtained on the job.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience conducting category management processes or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and analytical software programs (CSIMS, JDA, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving, analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Upgrading and professional development are required to stay current with changes in the profession.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. These competencies are deemed important for the success of the position and organization.
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
- Supervisory or leadership experience.
Salary: $33.94 - $45.01
Bargaining Unit: Exempt
Location: 1555 Buffalo Place
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs or by submitting a resume and application to:
Mail: Human Resources
1555 Buffalo Place
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 2X1
All applications are due by: February 15, 2018.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.