STARSKY Fine Foods is a grocery retailer specializing in the sale of Eastern European food products with three supermarket locations in Mississauga, Hamilton and Aurora. The supermarket chain is known for providing a wide assortment of deli meats, cheese, fresh meat and seafood, dairy, grocery, pastry, and gourmet food products to local communities.
Starsky Fine Foods is currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist for an 18 month contract. Reporting to the Corporate Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will be assisting in the everyday successful management of the Human Resources functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Full cycle recruitment for all hourly staff
- Prepare and put together new employee orientation packages for all locations.
- Provide information to employees and management regarding HR policies, including the Employee Handbook.
- Interpret employment legislation, including the Employment Standards Act, the Human Rights Code, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Prepare disciplinary letters in accordance with the policy and coach, counsel, and provide guidance to employees and management.
- Prepare and submit Form 7 to the WSIB for injuries that required medical attention or resulted in lost time.
- Assist with the JHSC
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in human resources, or business or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in human resources, preferably in retail food industry.
- Strong background in recruitment, health and safety
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Detail -oriented with good organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Must have own vechile and willing to travel to various store locations.
- Knowledge of the Polish language is considered an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to e-mail cover letter and resume with hourly wage expectations to the HR Manager.
We offer competitive pay, in-store discounts, learning and developmental opportunities.
We thank all interested but only qualified individuals will be selected for an interview.
Starsky Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Starsky Fine Foods will provide accommodations throughout all stages of the hiring process, upon requests from candidates