Wellington House is a long term care Home of 60 beds located in the historical town of Prescott, Ontario. Our multi-disciplinary team is made of a diverse group of people who are passionate about striving for excellence in providing compassionate care and engaging programs for our residents. We are owned by Deem Management Services Ltd. and are managed by Extendicare whose overall plan is "One Team, One Mission, One Vision". Like Extendicare, Wellington House is also about helping people live better. We invite you to come and be a part of our family!
Personal Support Workers (PSW) are welcome to apply for Casual PSW positions to work at our 60 bed long term care Home located in Prescott, ON.
Under the direction of the Director of Care, the PSWs provide direct primary care to residents to fulfill their physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual needs in accordance with the policies, procedures and routines of our Home and those of Extendicare.
- Provide quality care while assisting assigned residents with all Activities of Daily Living.
- Communicate effectively with all members of our multi-disciplinary team.
- Advocate for the health, safety and well-being of our residents.
- Assist with feeding and meal service of various diets to all of our residents of varying levels of assistance.
- Practice proper body mechanics, hand hygiene, universal precautions and be familiar with proper infection control protocols and procedures.
- Document accurately in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate in In-services, care conferences, and mandatory training as required.
- Adhere to all of the routines, procedures and policies of the Home.
- PSW Certificate or Diploma from an accredited academic institution
- Experience in long term care is an asset
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Mental and physical capabilities to perform the duties
- Positive and professional manner
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English
- Be familiar with various lift machines and their proper practices
- Demonstrate maturity, reliability, empathy, critical thinking skills, and commitment to caring for our residents in accordance with the LTCA, and our Home’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to take direction, follow a care plan, work independently or as part of a team
In Ontario, Extendicare, Paramed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontarian Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact us.